Close

Default Replacement of Mirror Cover on Sunvisor Vanity Mirror

My 84 convertible has the cover missing from the vanity mirror on the passenger side sun visor. Is that cover replaceable and will one off of a hardtop car fit it. I know the sun visor itself is different, but were the mirror covers ( flaps ) all the same?
    Last edited by smitty54; 01-09-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

My 84 GT hatch didn't even have that mirror.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

I don't think you can replace just the cover. I wound up just leaving them off both mirrors. I have looked into getting the whole visor units and replacing them but the repos do not have the mirrors and the used pieces are missing the cover flaps.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

My drivers side has the cover and the passenger side doesn't. It looks like the bottom of cover where it attaches to the sun visor can have a replacement inserted and glued if you're careful. I have seen another sun visor for an 84 SVO that is the same color as mine and has the cover intact. I just want to know if the size is the same.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

I am in the same boat. The convertable versions are different than the coupe/hatchback ones. Mine are vinyl. Some of the others I have seen are cloth. In addition, my car has red interior. So finding an OEM piece is going to be tough.
    1985 Mustang GT convertible triple white
    Stock survivor