Close

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

I'm painting the console as we speak, but before I did that I re-installed my OEM dash pad, and I put the kick panels and sill plates back in (those have never been installed since I got the car)

Here's a couple pics of the dash pad:

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Looking good, Mike!! She's coming along quite nicely.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Thanks Esco. I'm close to being done with everything I wanted done before I start driving her. Once the rocker stripes are on and the rest of the interior is back in I'm just gonna cruise and enjoy for awhile. Then I'll probably go back and fix some of the mistakes I've made along the way one at a time. Lol
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Mike it looks awesome!!

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    I'm painting the console as we speak, but before I did that I re-installed my OEM dash pad, and I put the kick panels and sill plates back in (those have never been installed since I got the car)

Here's a couple pics of the dash pad:

Jelious of the dash pad mine was mint but after being stored all winter when i took it out if storage noticed there was a decent crack in it now :^(

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the complements. This car was so awful for so long that it's nice that a corner has been turned and it's finally fun. 1

1320Notch...that sucks about the dash pad, and it's surprising to hear. I know these pads crack pretty easily but I've never heard of one cracking from being stored for the winter. I've had mine in the house with all my other "these are expensive and/or impossible to replace parts" (other parts include my 3 piece DH buck Air Dam, urethane rear spats, and all my Motorsport stuff). I am worried about the pad once I start driving the car. Like I said, I didn't think a car stored in a garage (even in cold weather) would crack a pad, but I know the Arizona sun and heat will.

I'm thinking of getting one of those custom cut dash carpets to try and protect it, and I always use sun shades on my windscreen. I'm also gonna get the windows tinted before summer hits. Hopefully all that will keep it solid...but who knows? I got an amazing deal on this pad, but I think those days are numbered. I'd hate to have to find and buy another now.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Offered up my big heavy '88 GT vert, and probably an unspecified amount of cash, for a big heavy ridden-hard-and-put-away-wet '05 GT fastback, potentially even further removing me from Four Eyes...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

I'm thinking of getting one of those custom cut dash carpets to try and protect it.

Don't bother, those carpets will NOT protect your dash. Ask me how I found out.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Don't bother, those carpets will NOT protect your dash. Ask me how I found out.
    Ok, I'm asking how.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Haha. Someone told me it would protect my perfect pad. Six years later I took it off and was shocked at what I found.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

So, over the winter my front bumper warped and wiggled with all the cold snowy weather we had here in ice-box New England. As a result, the paint cracked and chipped off. So I am sanding it down the bare, and going to redo it. Here is where I sit right now. I am trying to get done before the first car show at MU at the end of April. Hopefully the weather will warm some and cooperate

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    United We 'Stang

'79 Capri RS Turbo (Original and Running)
    '79 Capri Roller (Project - needs parts)
    '83 GT 5.0 T-Top (Project - Running) (Currently the restoration victim)
    '85 GT 5.0 Vert (Project)
    '84 SVO (Project - Not Running)
    '86 SVO (Project - Running)

Former Mustangs

'71 Mach1 429 (Sold - Still Missed) ..... '73 Grande 351c (Sold)
    '75 Mustang II Mach1 (Sold) .............. '83 GLX Vert (Wrecked)
    '83 GLX Vert (Rusted away) ............... '83 GT T-Top (Parted and Scrapped)
    '85 GT T-Top (Sold) ........................... '86 Hatchback (Sold)
    '84 Thunderbird FILA Edition (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteRI View Post
    So, over the winter my front bumper warped and wiggled with all the cold snowy weather we had here in ice-box New England. As a result, the paint cracked and chipped off.
    I thought it was just me. I noticed the whole back corner of my rear bumper cover has peeling paint now. It didn't when I parked it for the winter. It's been in the garage the whole time but the garage isn't heated. I assume the extreme temperatures are what caused it. Not that the paint was pristine to begin with but that's never happened before.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Is that Capri a 79? If so, you may want to find an 80 bumper. 79s were made out of material that absorbs water.

ragtopjr

I was able to start 3 of 4 of the cars, it seems as though one of the year old motorcrap batteries is dead and not to come back
    On the "ragtop"
    I have installed the 26 X 12 - 15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R tires on to the 15 X 9 - 5.5 Bs Drag Lites.
    I had them on 15 X 10 - 6.5 Bs Drag Lites which required spacers which may be ok for around town, but I would never want to run them on the highway.
    I installed my Cooper Cobra 265 -50 X 15 tires on this wheel for use around town or perhaps burnout purposes.....
    I have been able to run around town with the car for 2 afternoons....

Today I installed my freshly painted console as well as the rear view mirror (which was also never installed . It came in a box of parts), column cover, and fuse panel cover.

After that I took a few more interior pics:

Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Drove the SVO to work this afternoon, first time since last fall. Felt good. But the car won't start with the key. Have to use a screwdriver to jump the solenoid....

No time to look at it tonight, so maybe I'll pull it in the garage this weekend and look into it further. Started it over the winter with no issues, so it must be something simple/stupid.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Mike,
    You were telling me to haul butt out to Az in the 20th when done......

You're gonna be done a lot sooner than me. Head west young man...... escape the heat

Got word from at6svo (Mike) that the front suspension and bigger '87 brakes are in the works for reassembly. I had to order a set of CC plates from Max Motorsports because the ones I had picked up were not ok for my 20th.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

I'd love to cruise out to Cali, but wow would I be nervous on that drive. I need to get some miles on her before I take her any farther than around the block. As far as the cc plates...MM make the best products out there IMO, and their cc plates are no exception. Plus they look really cool. My car may be done first, but your car is being done much better. Mine was built quickly by an idiot. Tours is being downe right be someone who knows what they're doing, and does it well. My goal is to just get her looking presentable, but I'm gonna have to have a full resto done sometime in the future. Your car will be done and ready to enjoy. Therefore, I believe you need to make the journey east and visit me.

The end.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Mike,
    You were telling me to haul butt out to Az in the 20th when done......

You're gonna be done a lot sooner than me. Head west young man...... escape the heat

Got word from at6svo (Mike) that the front suspension and bigger '87 brakes are in the works for reassembly. I had to order a set of CC plates from Max Motorsports because the ones I had picked up were not ok for my 20th.
    I'd love to cruise out to Cali, but wow would I be nervous on that drive. I need to get some miles on her before I take her any farther than around the block. As far as the cc plates...MM make the best products out there IMO, and their cc plates are no exception. Plus they look really cool. My car may be done first, but your car is being done much better. Mine was built quickly by an idiot. Tours is being downe right be someone who knows what they're doing, and does it well. My goal is to just get her looking presentable, but I'm gonna have to have a full resto done sometime in the future. Your car will be done and ready to enjoy. Therefore, I believe you need to make the journey east and visit me.

The end.
    Im with Conmech on this one Mike.
    Head West, we need to make it to Corona CA and get Steve to sign our dash.
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

Dare I say we are finally seeing some spring weather? It'll probably snow tonight since I said that.

At any rate I was able to get my car out and take the first ride of the year. After I moved some junk out of the way that is.

It sure felt good to be driving a stick for a change. All our other vehicles are autos but I'm slowly gathering parts to switch my '91 F150 over to stick
    because I much prefer a manual transmission.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I'm a roading technician. Today, I just got back from a 200 mile return journey (via Hertz rental) after getting Out-Foxed by my Needle Knees...

I'm done stripping out all the data logging equipment from my total loss, deceased 81 Mustang 3.3 hatch. Everything Road Roughness survey work related is out:-

the Survey Master Route Data meter,
    the Campbell Scientific Data logger,
    the tower computer,
    the small and large computer screens,
    power inverter,
    the two Rotary cutout wheels for axle road roughness measurement,
    two multimeters
    wheel sensors.
    and axillary power supply.

It got packed into the Corolla hatch rental and taken back here to Dunedin.

http://vid1215.photobucket.com/album.../MVI_76771.mp4

Got it all out in 60 minutes after the insurance assessor left. Naturally, I'm mad as all heck, .though an Irreplaceable JPN market Fox Stang, a vehicle is still only a vehicle, I'm just happy to be alive...

Here it is stripped of all its commercial electronic wares, ready to be crushed....
    Name:  IMG_7673.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  211.6 KBName:  IMG_7674.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  250.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7669.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  202.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_7670_1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  218.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_7672.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  195.8 KB

10.30 pm, just 20 miles from my work city of Christchurch, the left hand light switch got knocked off by my left knee after going over a big bump in a bridge approach.

This left me totally in the dark, wresting the wheel, as the live axle reacted, and the whole car, trailer included, ended up against the other side of the armco bridge railing. I was suddenly in the dark like a lame submarine commander, then, on the wrong side, I took it back to the Left (I'm a New Zealander from down below Australia, we drive on the left side on undivided carriageway roads), still in the dark and packing myself, wondering where the other vehicles were. Thankfully, there were none...Both the left and right sides took a monumental armco shunt, yet the trailer and tow hitch which contains my high order road roughness measurement equipment was still attached.

This is the road during daytime, you can see the bump as you come on the bridge. I'm a big guy, in a small Mustang with a LOT of equipment.....that bridge bump took my knee against the pullout headlamp switch, and what you saw via camera was the result.

http://vid1215.photobucket.com/album.../MVI_76791.mp4

And that is why I do road roughness surveys.

It wasn't the Mustangs fault, but cars no longer have pullout headlamp switches....this is why.

I'm hacked off. This was my car to look after and cherish, and today after46506 miles of safe motoring in 34 years , Mic (FoxChassis ) gets my tag details because its a :-
    total
    insurance
    write-off

Vale 1FABP15BXBR101037, the 1037th 1981 Mustang scheduled for production at San Jose Assembly

Damn, xctasy, I'm sorry to see that. I am glad you are OK but Damn.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

That sucks badly Xctasy but glad you are ok.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Pewter interior.

FEP Member

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the complements. This car was so awful for so long that it's nice that a corner has been turned and it's finally fun. 1

1320Notch...that sucks about the dash pad, and it's surprising to hear. I know these pads crack pretty easily but I've never heard of one cracking from being stored for the winter. I've had mine in the house with all my other "these are expensive and/or impossible to replace parts" (other parts include my 3 piece DH buck Air Dam, urethane rear spats, and all my Motorsport stuff). I am worried about the pad once I start driving the car. Like I said, I didn't think a car stored in a garage (even in cold weather) would crack a pad, but I know the Arizona sun and heat will.

I'm thinking of getting one of those custom cut dash carpets to try and protect it, and I always use sun shades on my windscreen. I'm also gonna get the windows tinted before summer hits. Hopefully all that will keep it solid...but who knows? I got an amazing deal on this pad, but I think those days are numbered. I'd hate to have to find and buy another now.
    Yea its been sitting for five years basically both inside and outside in the sun thru 1. 5 winters and summers then inside a tent for the rest of the time on blacktop drive way

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast