Close

Default Stick conversion prob......

Cant change a CD in Overdrive! Darn, now what do I do?

Dan

1985 Lincoln Continental. T-5, Bullit wheels, Mustang springs and Hybrid Lincoln/Mustang control arms, 8.8 w 3.27s, Cobra swaybar, adjustable struts and shocks....

CD? What is a CD? LOL
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Hahaha! Trust me, if it didn't come in a parts car, I wouldn't have it.
    Dan

1985 Lincoln Continental. T-5, Bullit wheels, Mustang springs and Hybrid Lincoln/Mustang control arms, 8.8 w 3.27s, Cobra swaybar, adjustable struts and shocks....

You're just going to have to keep listening to the same CD. Or downshift to change it out. OR change your shift lever to one that angles back a little further OR heat that one with a torch and bend it back a little.
    80 Fairmont Futura 2.3 4spd (soon to be 2.3T 5spd)
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd
    89 Mustang 2.3T 5spd (WRL Racer)

www.RaceWRL.com

FEP Senior Member

Flip the shift lever around. I built a Bobcat with a 5.0 back in the 90's and had the same issue. I just turned the handle 180 degrees so it angled back and it worked swell.

Chuck

All good tips!....... but I am being humorous. I just happened to hit eject a few days ago and realized the interference. In the great scheme of things, this isn't a problem
    Dan

I once had that exact same problem. I downshifted to 2nd, nailed it, and the CD flew into the open center console storage bin; which, naturally, is designed for cassettes.

-MJS

Is that what an 8 track tape looks like?
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

420HP with 3" exhaust thru flowmasters and dumps, I got no use for a radio let alone a cd player. lol
    John
    85 gt ttop
    86 coupe
    89 5.0 lx vert
    90 LX Hatch
    05 Power Stroke