Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Would it be worth it with my current set up?
    Shot you a PM
    1986 Ford Mustang GT-

Not much stock stuff left
    347 NA power, CNC ported heads, Extrude honed Trick Flow Intake, Custom Cam
    Suspension, custom k- member, TQ arm/pan hard rod... Much more
    Restored and ready to race, made to go fast while cornering

1981 Mustang GT-

Old SCCA A-Sedan National Champ car
    In the middle of rebuild

1986 LX Sedan-

Plans to be determined...

"Every day I learn how much I don't know"

If you can do a lifter preload adjustment, or setup a new ring and pinion, or correctly install a car stereo, you can do a MAF conversion. It's really not that difficult, even though it is analogous to brain surgery...

The Fuel Pump Monitor circuit shouldn't affect operation of the engine AFAIK, but I hooked up mine because I didn't want to see the code (95 IIRC).
    You do need a VSS, and if your car has cruise control, it already has one. Those who don't use a VSS have reported stalling upon deceleration, from what I've seen.

Find a proper MAF meter and ductwork, and an A9L computer or whatever, and then just go to the junkyard and find an '80s- early '90s V8 Ford, and get to the main computer harness, and remove several pins with as much of the wire still attached as possible. Also grab a MAF meter harness by removing removing its pins from the computer connector and pulling the wires out from up under the hood. Grab a VSS and as much of its harness as possible too, if you don't already have one. You'll also need the right VSS driven gear to match your rearend gear, so the speedometer will be correct. Dunno if cable and VSS mounted gears are different or not.

Been a few years since I did mine, but I'd recommend just adding/switching pins to your existing harness, rather than going with an unknown harness - there are too many variances through the years.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12