Close

TIMSBLOWN86

Default "Feeler" 85 GT Auto $2,500 OBO

Hello Fellow FEP folks. I've got an 85 GT Auto car. It has Ford's first (Failed) attempt at fuel injection on our favorite 5.0L CFI. The car is "not" in running condition, but is 99% complete. It has a straight body with all the moldings as well as a complete interior. The 7.5" rear end was removed and replaced with an 8.8" with 3.73's (crush sleeve still needs to be set) and a nice set of upper and lower control arms. New replacement shoe's and all hardware was purchased and has yet to be installed. Fuel tank was removed (but still have) due to the fact that I was going to update the car to multiport Fuel injection (all take offs from my 86). A newer used "87" K member with updated "larger" brakes was purchased to replace the 85's unit but was never installed. The car was purchased from a friend for body parts for my 86 GT but nothing was ever removed and I had plans on updating the 85 and making it a runner. Had a family and plans for it fell through. The body is straight and only one spot of rust, roof by the hatch but has been covered so water intrusion.
    Just trying to get a feel if anyone is interested I'd be looking at $2,500.00. I'm located in Hollister, California 95023. Thanks for reading and feel free to respond with any question's.
    I've been a guest to this site for quite some time but just recently joined. I've been a member of the Corral since 2000. Feel free to check my user name out for a quick reference and member feed back (TimsBlown86)

Asking $2,500 OBO
    Name:  1.4.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  150.9 KBName:  1.2.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  95.9 KBName:  1.9.jpg
Size:  160.2 KBName:  1.12.jpg
Size:  24.1 KBName:  1.3.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  129.4 KB
    Last edited by TIMSBLOWN86; 01-04-2015 at 11:26 PM.

you need to post pictures of what your selling not interested in the car just stating that pictures help sell the item better

TIMSBLOWN86

I understand that Tony, just night time here with no lighting for pictures to be taken

FWIW, you might want to post up two ways.

1) itemized list with prices per item or

2) As mentioned by Tony, pics with prices per item

I know that, probably, not all are looking for a package deal (pricewise) this close to Christmas being over. However, some might be interested in bits and pieces. Need detailed pics of 85 complete (complete disclosure of car) as well as other items for sale. I know that I saw '85 and was thinking, "Hmmmm, t-top? Car by itself?" Some people here have a parts supply warehouse in their backyard or garage. I'm the later. Interest is piqued. Let's see whatcha got.

Welcome to FEP.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

TIMSBLOWN86

Will post pic's tomorrow some time. As for the car itself, it's an 85 GT with an automatic CFI car. No T tops with AC. Interior is in decent shape as well as the body. Dash pad is sun damaged and cowl is broken. Paint is sun baked, but by no means is it as bad as any 86 ford paint. I've owned numerous fords but only have the two mustangs previously mentioned (85GT posted and my personal 86gt). As for parts installed, just the stuff I have stated before hand (8.8'' with 3.73's, late model mustang upper and lower control arms). No parts are for sale.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-27-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Pictures will help fill in the details left out...ie. exterior and interior colors!
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

TIMSBLOWN86

Any offer's?

A long drive for me. Wish it was closer. GLWS.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

man good luck with the sale, its nice straight looking car, that car deserve a great home.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

TIMSBLOWN86

Thanks guys, I'm willing to wheel and deal here too. Like I said, I've got some take off parts from my 86 and some other parts I've acquired for it.

TIMSBLOWN86

Here's a few more pic's
    Name:  1.5.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  51.6 KBName:  1.6.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  56.3 KBName:  1.1.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  134.6 KB
    Last edited by TIMSBLOWN86; 12-30-2014 at 02:31 AM.

TIMSBLOWN86

Any interest? I may need to post it in more places

I would clean it up and throw it on eBay. You would be surprised how far a bucket of water and soap can go when it comes to selling a car. If you have access to a power washer, hit the engine as well. Right now it looks like a $800-1000 dollar car simply because of the dirt. I know it is worth more, but it just isn't presenting (or selling) itself very well in its current condition.

Just my opinion though.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    I would clean it up and throw it on eBay. You would be surprised how far a bucket of water and soap can go when it comes to selling a car. If you have access to a power washer, hit the engine as well. Right now it looks like a $800-1000 dollar car simply because of the dirt. I know it is worth more, but it just isn't presenting (or selling) itself very well in its current condition.

Just my opinion though.
    You hit the nail on the head Mike. I was just thinking your exact thoughts.

Yeah, I think that's the answer for him as opposed to having to let it go for much less than he should. I would also pull the car out of that cramped area and take the pics out in the open (after the car is washed). When you're selling something you have to grab the attention of the buyers or they will either move on to the next one or lowball you to death. Clean that baby up, take some good pics and be ready for the phone to ring... Cause it probably will.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the answer for him as opposed to having to let it go for much less than he should. I would also pull the car out of that cramped area and take the pics out in the open (after the car is washed). When you're selling something you have to grab the attention of the buyers or they will either move on to the next one or lowball you to death. Clean that baby up, take some good pics and be ready for the phone to ring... Cause it probably will.
    I agree with this. A truly motivated seller would make even a minimum amount of effort to make the car looks good instead of advertising how long it's been neglected. When you take into account that another seller has a convertible up for sale at the same price, but the convertible is clean with good pics, is running and has a breakdown of what needs to be done to it, if I was looking for a four eye and I had 2500 to spend, I know which one I would be spending my money on. This car probably has a lot going for it, but it's hard to tell through all the layers of neglect. As it appears, its worth 1000, at best.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I agree with the other posters, you need to make this car front-line ready. If you don't have the time, it would be worth it to spend $150 at the local car wash and get a full detail.
    a clean $2500 car will sell faster than a dirty $900 car...

TIMSBLOWN86

We'll wrap this "feeler" up and call it gone then. I respect some of the response's here and I'll leave it at that. Was called a "feeler" with a starting point not "firm" $2,500 OBO with many extra's as well. Just giving fellow four eye'd local guys a shot at it first was all.
    Wrap it up Mod's, it's off the market.

I don't know what its worth, but the low estimates are not just low estimates, they are what they would pay for it in current condition.
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"