Close

Default Is this the new SVOCA?

I would like to hear from the Mod who locked my thread in the body section. Im curious what rule I violated in asking to see a picture or two of a capri with a mustang nose on it. Now as I stated in my other thread I am NOT looking into swapping Mustang parts onto MY Capri,however not everyone thinks the way we do and Im sure over the years somebody surely has performed this modification and all I was asking if anyone had a picture for the sake of curiosity.

I am a Mod on Turboford and dont understand why a thread like mine would be shut down. I was a member of SVOCA for years and after dealing with their nazi BS had to leave before they shut down. I understand the majority of FEP members are here to save and preserve these cars ,as I am as well, but I didnt know there were taboo subjects that were not even allowed to be talked about here.

I have saved many of these cars from being parted out or scraped over the years and I was the guy who found and saved the only blue 84 SVO that is now in Kendal Cokers collection so dont mistake me for some uneducated fly by night foxbody hacker.

I am picking up another Capri this weekend {my 9th four eyed car} and plan to use this site to help with my plans to build possibly one of the sickest cars this site has ever seen. While this build gets under way I would just like to know this site is open for normal discussions.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

If you'll go back and read the rules of this site, they say a Mustang will remain a Mustang and a Capri a Capri. This is not like that other site, the rules are pretty simple and straight forward.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Yes I understand that completely. All I was asking was if anyone had seen it done. Not every person that owns these cars is a member here or follows those rules{?} in preserving them.

I clearly stated I was not looking to do that to my car.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Oh it's been done to death, but showing them here is akin to promoting more swaps.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Tenets of FEP

This is a brief summary of the major principles on which FourEyedPride (FEP) is based. More in-depth discussion of these principles can be found on the message board and soon in a series of editorials written by FEP Administration.

FEP promotes the preservation of the identity of each and every 79-86 Mustang and Capri. Many modifications can be done to a vehicle without changing its identity. This means we believe a Capri should look like a Capri, an EFI 2.3 turbocharged car should retain its turbo four, an early Fox Mustang should not be made to look like a later Fox Mustang, and Ford powerplants should reside between the shock towers.

FEP actively discourages and condemns the parting out and willful destruction of complete, running, and/or easily repaired cars. As these cars continue to disappear, our chances for the aftermarket to take on the reproduction of badly needed parts will continue to decline.

FEP welcomes owners and enthusiasts of bone stock base models as well as wildly modified race cars. We are neither a group consisting solely of sticklers for factory correct restorations nor powertrain elitists.

FEP does not condone bumper cover swaps making later (87-93/aero nose) appear to be 86 and earlier models, just as we do not accept earlier cars made to look like 87-later models. These swaps do not keep 79-86 cars on the road, and to accept swaps in one direction and not the other would be hypocritical as well as counter-productive. They often take hard-to-find parts out of the pool of availability for cars in need of them. We are about more than just the bumper covers. We are about the cars from this particular era of Fox.

FEP welcomes owners of all early Fox models, and we intend to include them in our coverage. These cars are: 78-83 Fairmont & Zephyr, 83-86 LTD & Marquis, 80-88 Thunderbird & Cougar, 82-87 Continental, 84-92 Mark VII and 81-82 Granada. Enthusiasts who do not own an early Fox are also welcome.

The opinions of FEP members do not necessarily express the official stance of FEP on various issues. Only FEP Administration speaks for FEP.

While we do not expect every member of FEP to agree with these and other tenets supported by FEP, we do expect these tenets to be respected by all who participate on our forums.
    NO pics of Capristangs.

plenty to look at if you search google images for coupri and capristang

it's been done a million times but I personally don't care to see the conversion

people trying to be different, but one knows right away and usually say, hey thats a mustang with capri fenders or thats a capri with a mustang nose.
    Last edited by FM2NOTCH; 12-24-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

I have read that.
    I agree with that.
    I understand that.
    I am not promoting it.

Maybe, just maybe, a pic would show why one shouldnt do the swap and in fact help promote leaving them as Ford intended?
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

I seem to remember seeing a pic here, many years ago, of a blue notch or convertible, on which someone had fitted Capri fenders and quarter bulges...
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Wow, "SVOCA" Nazis...

It's going to be 2015 in one week. Get over it already.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I just watched the Seinfeld episode called "Soup Nazi" it's my top pick to be the funniest of all the Seinfeld episodes.

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

For me, I'm just happy as long as there's a Ford engine in it. CapFrankenStangs can be easily swapped back to correctness with basic tools, and all parts ending up back on the models which they were built for.
    None of us argues much when someone wants to put an '82 GT nose on a '79 notch, or an '83 convertible or whatever.

There was just a notch pictured here in the last month, which had a transplanted Capri nose and hood. I commented that they were sold that way South of the border, by Ford.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

edited for lack of content.
    Last edited by FM2NOTCH; 12-25-2014 at 07:22 PM.

It has already been discussed on this forum. Check out google. It will take you right too it! I personally like the look but I agree with the rules of the forum. There are probably lots of other forums that embrace cross pollination but this one doesn't. Out of respect for this forum and it's mandate it might be better to find another place to explore this subject matter. LOL!
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-25-2014 at 09:28 AM.

never mind found out
    Last edited by cb650; 12-25-2014 at 12:11 PM.

The Capri fenders and rear quarters look so much better on a Mustang than the stock mustang panels.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    Wow, "SVOCA" Nazis...

It's going to be 2015 in one week. Get over it already.
    Ken I was in no way talkin about you. I dont know if you remember the hell I caught from Bud when I found the blue 84 SVO but it wasnt a very friendly welcome.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
    Ken I was in no way talkin about you. I dont know if you remember the hell I caught from Bud when I found the blue 84 SVO but it wasnt a very friendly welcome.
    Yes I remember that mess. I just wish we could let the past be the past. Bud is no longer associated with the club. Water under the bridge. There are still a lot of good people there who are trying to rebuild it. They even changed some rules and improved things.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I dont care, judge or anything in any way, but for the record, i seen a guys thread about pulling a 4cyl out of a pace car and putting in a v8, clearly against the rules, but it wasnt locked or deleted, then you see this where people asked for a pic, either way i really dont care, i would just prefer if there are rules, it should be policed across the entire board, not just ones that hit a "hot button", as for the thread where the guy pulled a 4cyl turbo from a pace car and put a v8 in, i'd do the same thing, so im not picking on him, just the "slack" in the rules that i have read lately

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
    I dont care, judge or anything in any way, but for the record, i seen a guys thread about pulling a 4cyl out of a pace car and putting in a v8, clearly against the rules, but it wasnt locked or deleted, then you see this where people asked for a pic, either way i really dont care, i would just prefer if there are rules, it should be policed across the entire board, not just ones that hit a "hot button", as for the thread where the guy pulled a 4cyl turbo from a pace car and put a v8 in, i'd do the same thing, so im not picking on him, just the "slack" in the rules that i have read lately
    Tents of FEP speak against swapping out EFI 2.3 turbo. Nothing there about the carb engine.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Tents of FEP speak against swapping out EFI 2.3 turbo. Nothing there about the carb engine.
    haha ill shut up, i did not notice that, i dont have a 2.3 so i didnt read the specifics, im guessing that it only specifies efi 2.3 because the carb'd ones just sucked, either way like i said, not defending either side, its my fault for reading that swap thread and thinking "wow they let this slide" but at the same time i was thinking "yup i would have pulled that engine out too" lol. hope no one took what i said offensively, just bored and felt like throwing my 2cents in