Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilemmas

Watch this, give you idea how many t top you note ? also how many Four eyes with t-top... or how many four eyes fox.... u, I think I count more notch then gt lol, dont forget T top option boost the car value go up now and in future too.

Mustang Week 2013 - Fox Body Cruise HD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3bTnLH3Yc

Fox Body Cruise - Mustang Week 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5uf5AS6ok
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-26-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    man im dig that black t top stang , do you ever plan on tinting window ? what your poiint of view about tinting window ?
    The back louvers keep the sun out in the summer and it is garage kept. Luckily in the years I did DD it, there was no fading on the interior. Being in hotter, sunnier climates like a lot of you 'Muricans are may change that thought process. but no tinting for me. I never even gave it a thought. I know it is a lot of black already, but I think that would make it TOO much!

one thing I want to add about t-top , its require maintenance , keep the seal clean and lubricate the seal to prevent it to dry out... take off t-top glass, and wipe everything down with clean microfiber, then spray some silicone in another clean microfiber and wipe down all the seal include door weather strip, hatch weather strip. I do this every month or 2 month. My seal look clean and feel soft and that is the 29 year old original seal.

Note : dry sheet, keep mouse out and make interior smell really good.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.

FEP Member

Back in 87 I spent a lot of time in a friend's new Monte Carlo SO with t tops.
    They were the coolest thing ever I thought. Wasn't too many years latter they rattled and in strong snow storms you could come out and find snow on the seats. We'll that got me thinking.

Over the years I had sunroofs and even moonroofs, but never a t top. I do realize they take care. However any car I buy isn't a DD or going to be outside on a regular bases.

I figure it is easy enough to spot problems. I've seen plenty of crapmeros with silicone sealer gobbled all over. That is Capt. Obvious right there. Lol

I probably should buy the very best I really can't afford, but then again it isn't like I can't do the work. My shop is well equipped and there is pretty of room. Gives me an excuse to be there and use the tools that don't get used enough. Lonely without dad being around.

I really want a t top car. There truly isn't anything more awesome in the summer. To me they beat a vert. Maybe not a retractable hard top, but that is in a class all its own. I deserve a t top car. After surgery, going to loose a lot of weight. Jam some Def Leppard and wear them 80's Oakleys. It could be just the thing.
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10

Quote Originally Posted by boss82gt View Post
    Back in 87 I spent a lot of time in a friend's new Monte Carlo SO with t tops.
    They were the coolest thing ever I thought. Wasn't too many years latter they rattled and in strong snow storms you could come out and find snow on the seats. We'll that got me thinking.

Over the years I had sunroofs and even moonroofs, but never a t top. I do realize they take care. However any car I buy isn't a DD or going to be outside on a regular bases.

I figure it is easy enough to spot problems. I've seen plenty of crapmeros with silicone sealer gobbled all over. That is Capt. Obvious right there. Lol

I probably should buy the very best I really can't afford, but then again it isn't like I can't do the work. My shop is well equipped and there is pretty of room. Gives me an excuse to be there and use the tools that don't get used enough. Lonely without dad being around.

I really want a t top car. There truly isn't anything more awesome in the summer. To me they beat a vert. Maybe not a retractable hard top, but that is in a class all its own. I deserve a t top car. After surgery, going to loose a lot of weight. Jam some Def Leppard and wear them 80's Oakleys. It could be just the thing.
    haha that a positive attitude, btw there a clean T-Top white with peanut butter interior( I dont know you into that ). But its look very well care and look really nice, price is about right too. I think he ask $4,000. Check the sale section.

when you do get a T-top, weld in a subframe connector
    Last edited by Sinister; 12-26-2014 at 09:14 PM.

FEP Member

I got a line on something a little cheaper. Drives but needs work. If I should snag it, I'd be okay doing what it needs.

No I wouldn't be okay with white and peanut butter interior. I'm looking at a blk/blk 82. Though I'm a green guy. I bet 90% of all my vehicle have been or were painted green. Dark emerald jade met, Pacific green, Calypso green, and Dark Highland Green. So I might paint any 82 I buy, one of those green colors. My current super duty is dark highland. I'm really fond of the summer vib Calypso has. Hard to choose. Might be able to pull off grabber lime, but that is a tough thing to do. Only a 71 boss/mach pulls that color off well.

I always thought an '82 GT would look killer in a dark green. They look good in pretty much any color.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

FEP Member

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...ng%3B800%3B600

Guess it has been done. Nobody does grabber lime though. Not many people actually like it. I think if a guy went and painted the lower black maybe black out some of the hood, get a little creative. You could pull it off on an 82.
    Last edited by boss82gt; 12-26-2014 at 11:46 PM.

I was going to paint my old '84 RS grabber green, but I ended up trading it for an F150 when I bought a house.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Man call me crazy, bare with me ok.... my point of view on the " Mustang " is a real horse . fantasy ...medieval....dark knight, black knight, white knight...... there a black horse, and white horse, and dark brown horse, tan horse , that it. I dont see no red horse, green horse, yellow horse, blue horse ...... those are color I chose as a mustang. For me the color of the car is the most important, if it not the right color I do not want it, no matter how cheap its ( I might flip it, but no plan on keeping it ) I current having a black and white mustang, and a red notch ( mix breed, go figure ).

Ride into battle ... ok I get it out my system, green is fine... its your horse.

5 limit hmm

FEP Member

I really can't get enthusiastic about yellow, orange or red. Very few shades are remotely acceptable.

I could also do midnight blue. One of my all time favorite shades of blue.
    But then again I could do black jade/dark ivy. Either one of those looks black if the light isn't sufficient. Lava red is another one.

Black is one of those colors you have to be perfect, I mean really perfect on your body work and prep. I really like black also, but the decision on that would be only if the question asked is yes, "Is it good enough to shoot black?"

I wouldn't rule out black, but it has been over a decade since I have done any auto body work and I'm out of practice. Then too, that thread with the rotten t top 82 restoration. Some of that is scary. I have the tools, the time and the place to do that. But I'm not sure I would want to go that deep into it. My skill level might not be that good. My patients might not be either. I'm known to throw a 20lb sledge hammer quite a ways. Or whatever else is throwable. I can get frustrated. We'll see...
    Last edited by boss82gt; 12-27-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12