Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP User

FEP User

My old Saturn collection, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Racsirx View Post
    Lol, you probably won't like my 88 Saleen since it's wrecked and now a parts car

I've seen this one on the Corral. I Wanted your floor mats lol.
    You got lots of great Cars there with what looks like a lot of ponies under the hoods.
    Current Cars:
    1979 Mustang Ghia Coupe 5.0 3J Bright Blue
    1984 GT T top 306 5 speed "Black Mamba"
    1986 Saleen Black with Silver Stripes 86#009
    1986 Mustang GT Medium Canyon Red 5 speed 5.0
    1999 Mustang GT Convertible 35th anniversary 69K miles.
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed "Daily Driver"
    2009 Corvette 6 speed LS3

1998 Cobra 71k miles Canary Yellow "Nana" SOLD

First off....WTF is a Saturn collection?! ;-) Second, with such a diverse collection of ponies I don't know if I would spend a dime trying to return that Saleen to it's glory. I bet it's fun as hell to drive as is. I know there are purists in here, and really I am one of them too, but I think a 1986 done up as tasteful as that one is a rarity in it's own right. You'll have a ton of money invested trying to return it to an original Saleen so I vote just enjoy it as it is.

I've got an '88 Saleen Notch (one of two car, belongs to a good friend that I keep for him) that has had a TON of money dropped into it in engine mods and full Griggs racing suspension. It has way too much invested and would cost just as much to undo it and put it back to stock. It puts down 486rwp and is a BLAST to drive, so I can only imagine how that car is!

Name:  Picture 009.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  229.5 KB
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    First off....WTF is a Saturn collection?! ;-) Second, with such a diverse collection of ponies I don't know if I would spend a dime trying to return that Saleen to it's glory. I bet it's fun as hell to drive as is. I know there are purists in here, and really I am one of them too, but I think a 1986 done up as tasteful as that one is a rarity in it's own right. You'll have a ton of money invested trying to return it to an original Saleen so I vote just enjoy it as it is.

I've got an '88 Saleen Notch (one of two car, belongs to a good friend that I keep for him) that has had a TON of money dropped into it in engine mods and full Griggs racing suspension. It has way too much invested and would cost just as much to undo it and put it back to stock. It puts down 486rwp and is a BLAST to drive, so I can only imagine how that car is!

Name:  Picture 009.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  229.5 KB
    Lol, you know you like my Saturn Collection, actually there not bad cars if you know how to fix them, those all sold in like 8 days when gas was close to $5 per gallon, except for one that I still drive, I am not going to put the Saleen back completely back to stock, I just can't see putting a 10pt cage and an automatic in the Saleen to enjoy it, I might not ever finish it and sell it as a roller, I am actually more excited to get this 86 Capri that I haven't seen in like 18 years that my best friend turned into a Saleen Capri 20 years ago and see what I can do with that, also I love your Saleen, I wish I could see more of those
    Last edited by Racsirx; 12-23-2014 at 04:59 PM.

You talking about a dk red Capri-Saleen that I saw on Facebook a couple weeks ago?? That thing is sweet!!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    You talking about a dk red Capri-Saleen that I saw on Facebook a couple weeks ago?? That thing is sweet!!
    No it's white, hopefully it's still nice from my buddy built it

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Can you post or send me pics of the door tag and buck tag? Thanks.
    Sorry the door tag is old and faded and hard to read so I tried to darken the pic

Is your Saleen a GT? They didn't make many Saleens from GT cars (Saleen wanted LX's cause it was less work to install his parts. Converting GT's was actually an extra cost option), it would be worth mentioning in your sale ad. I'm sure Foxchassis can decide your buck tag and tell us, but it has the "GT" letters on the tag, so you would assume that means it's a GT.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Holy smokes im in coupe heaven!!, man youve had alot of cars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Holy smokes im in coupe heaven!!, man youve had alot of cars!!!
    I agree
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

Yes, that buck tag is from a GT. It is a possible hood stripe delete car too.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Per the saleen book it's a graphics deletes, so the original owner probably deleted the hood stripe as well. He must have wanted a sleek, mean looking Saleen. That's a pretty unique car... Probably a "1 of 1" 1986 saleen with those strange options and deletes (I have no data to back that claim, it's just a guess).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Only reason I say it's a possibly hood stripe delete is because of the "X" after the "GT" code on the buck tag.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I figured you were talking about codes when you said that, I just figured that it being a graphics delete from Saleen kinda goes along with the hood graphic delete as far as a clean look.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12