Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PHOTO UPDATE 12/22/14 She is now in the Foxes den.... 1989 LSC Mark VII

Ok, so i drove her home last night from NJ. Initial thoughts are wow, pretty comfortable and near flawless ride. I will list the good and the bits and bobs that need to be fixed or obtained.

The car is a Crystal Blue original near flawless paint with less than 36K pampered miles. Interior is a exact color match to my 87 Cougar in Blue Leather. I cannot find any flaw in color, fading or even a scratch on the inside. Mechanically all the big stuff is operating as it should. Air ride is perfect, with all airbags original and working. Power antenna, power trunk latch, ABS brakes all working as they should. All buttons, knobs and switches are good.

Here are the interior issues i have found:

Factory original cassette deck is working well. Sound only on right side front and back. Light sound out of the front left if i turn all the way up, nothing from rear left. I am puzzled about this.

The inside trim above the doors is flopping down a bit, not sure if i need a tab or fastener, or if they had adhesive that held them there. Cosmetically perfect though.

Headliner is amazing, floor matts look new. Need a glove box kit with manuals etc.

Exterior is pretty amazing too.

Here is what i discovered in daylight. Foglight's are missing. supports are there, no damage and the switch lights up and works, just need a clean set with mounts. The crazy overpriced fog light covers were in the trunk, so that was lucky. They sell for more than the fogs themselves.
    Paint shows as new with 2 small exceptions.

Driver side rear quarter has a small dent, i think it can massaged out by a good PDR guy. The front right lower fender has a small rub mark down to the primer from a badly judged u-turn or parking job. The small belt line moulding there is coming up, just needs new double sided tape.
    One small circular crack in windshield, can be resin filled and is mercifully located out of my sight behind the brights sensor on the rearview mirror.

Engine needs a gentle cleaning, all original, no mods of any kind. Stock exhaust, tranny and rear, all appear to be solid. Not a pin hole of rust to be found.
    Rims are flawless, tires are really solid, just a hint of dry rot here and there, but look solid.
    Trunk looks like it was opened for the first time by me. Everything that should be there is.

Wheel lock is MIA, not sure what to do there. I wonder if McGaurd or whomever made these can still create a copy with the vin? Anyone know about this?

All in all its not far from being a serious show car.

Here are some initial pics i took late today before sundown, many more to follow after i clean and detail her this weekend.

Last edited by MY70GT; 12-22-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    1987 Mercury Cougar XR-7 5.0 (Traded)
    1989 Lincoln LSC 5.0 HO (Sold)
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0 LS2 (1 of 555)
    2011 Ford Flex SEL (Family Hauler)

Fantastic example of a LSC. You should really enjoy it and WOW that is low mileage!

I love this one

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/4782164362.html
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 12-18-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Well you've really out done yourself with this one...holy crap! I love the paint, the five speed, and the blue leather is delicious. To be honest, I even like the wheels...and I typically don't like that style of wheel but on that car it works.

Have fun with it and congratulations!!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    Fantastic example of a LSC. You should really enjoy it and WOW that is low mileage!

I love this one

That one is a beauty too. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Well you've really out done yourself with this one...holy crap! I love the paint, the five speed, and the blue leather is delicious. To be honest, I even like the wheels...and I typically don't like that style of wheel but on that car it works.

Have fun with it and congratulations!!
    Thanks a lot. I needed a cool break after Sandy took away my beloved 83 Bird. I like any light paint color with a dark interior. The blue just pops, and it is way more fade resistant than most interior colors. The car is an Auto with stock AOD. Floor shift is still cool for these though. I would hate a 5 speed with NY traffic anyway. Thank the lord i have a proper factory cup holder too built in to the center console stack.

Oh, I think the shift lever threw me off it looked like a stick. Regardless, this car is about cruising comfortably in style anyway, so the aod works. It really is a pretty car and I can't stop looking at those blue seats.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Try cleaning the cassette head. You can get to it with a Q-tip soaked in head cleaner, or alcohol, and a flashlight.

A Ford dealer can probably get you the lug nut key. I got one for my '84 RS like 15 years ago. Parts guy came out and determined which code I needed, and went in and ordered it. I had the new key in a few days.

Oh yeah, sweet Lincoln!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    Try cleaning the cassette head. You can get to it with a Q-tip soaked in head cleaner, or alcohol, and a flashlight.

A Ford dealer can probably get you the lug nut key. I got one for my '84 RS like 15 years ago. Parts guy came out and determined which code I needed, and went in and ordered it. I had the new key in a few days.

Oh yeah, sweet Lincoln!
    I found the McGaurd code in the trunk where the spare sits, so $15 bucks and all done there. I don't think its the heads, because the radio mode has the same sound issue, i have to investigate further.

Always liked that blue interior and thought the dashes looked better in the pre 90 models. You've got the big headrests like the early aero GTs had too. Makes me wish more restoration parts were available for these cars, in a lot of ways I am going to hate to see mine go.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post

I love this one

Wow, that is a twin to mine, but it's in so much better condition.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

FEP Power Member

That is one sweet LSC! Great color combo. You guys are killing me with posting these Mark's, makes me miss the 90 Spec. Ed. I had.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Awesome looking car, enjoy it!
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

That looks exactly the same as the car my high school girlfriend's mother had. Nice ride. I know it's not THE same car though. That one got the whole front end cleaned right off by a dump truck when my girlfriend pulled out of the driveway without looking. In 1990. Surprisingly it wasn't totaled. Her mother kept that car a long time. Still had it when I was in college and it had over 100k on it by then.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

One of the Foxs that I still haven't owned is a Mark VII.......I only hope that someday I will find one close to as clean & low mileage as yours......congratulations!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

FEP Power Member

Was thinking that it might be the factory amp in the trunk that could affect your sound output???
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Nice! I would love to make something like that my daily driver.

They're awesome drivers. Plenty of power, smooth riding, most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car too.

That looks great! I have always liked the Mark VII. Great pictures as well. Your pictures always remind me of what you would see in the sales brochure.

Cleaned her properly and photographed in daylight today. More detail shots to follow.

[URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/my70gt/media/Lincoln%20LSC/DSC_3080copy.jpg.html][/URL

Scored a very nice set of Marchal fogs off a local guy with a 90 LSC SE he is parting out. Lights are perfect, brackets are straight, just need a replacement spring for one of the brackets.

Here are the cosmetics that need to be addressed:

Talk about a creampuff!

Good score!
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

It's alright, but I really think it would look better in Colorado!

Good looking LSC and I love the blue interior!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Wow that is a good looking car. Congrats.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    It's alright, but I really think it would look better in Colorado!

Good looking LSC and I love the blue interior!

Trey
    Thanks Trey, if i get bored of it, maybe in like 20 years, i will call you 1st! :-) Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Wow that is a good looking car. Congrats.
    Thanks so much, i plan to have it properly detailed in a few weeks when i can get 2 solid days to work on her properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    Talk about a creampuff!

Good score!
    Chuck, when i went into the garage and lifted the car cover, i almost crapped myself. This is the kind of find that always happens to other people.

FEP Member

Mighty nice lsc. My special edition was nice, but I believe yours is nicer than that one was. Nice score, beautiful car.
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10

Quote Originally Posted by boss82gt View Post
    Mighty nice lsc. My special edition was nice, but I believe yours is nicer than that one was. Nice score, beautiful car.
    Thanks.... i am very pleased with it so far. Just trying to iron out a few stereo quirks, and i will be 100% factory operating condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast