Close

Default Svo seats and misc parts

I'm going to look at some svo seats front and rear, grey cloth, that need to be recovered, not in horrible shape they have good foam and frames are good. Rear seat is nice, lumbar still works on the front seat. Whats a fair price to offer considering they need to be recovered? He has the front lower control arms as well. Any idea on a fair price for those? No pics at this time. He has the front spindles too, I'm not sure if any of this stuff is svo specific or just regular mustang stuff. Thanks in advance for any input.

SVO control arms are actually Lincoln parts. The ball joints are non-serviceable. There is a little wear indicator "button" on the underside directly below the center of the ball joint. I've forgotten now if it being flush or poking out means that they're good. I'm sure somebody else can chime in on that.

The spindles are also SVO specific / Lincoln units. They don't fit anything else.

I hesitate on giving prices without seeing some pics first.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I've been told If the ball joint indicator button pokes out it is new, if it's flush it is worn but not dead yet (that is your operational range) and if the button is recessed it is bad. But the parts must be mounted on the car with full weight on the tires for the indicators to give an accurate reading.
    Last edited by PaceFever79; 12-19-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Hmm I may pass on the control arms. I just got a text from the guy. He's lookin for $75 for the seats, definately worth checking out.

I'd value the seat cores at $200-250

For sure $75 is a steal

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    For sure $75 is a steal
    Thanks PaceFever, that's good to know. As long as they're in "as described" condition I'll be picking these up.

Here is a set on eBay for reference

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=321432071501

Quote Originally Posted by 84specialed View Post
    Hmm I may pass on the control arms. I just got a text from the guy. He's lookin for $75 for the seats, definately worth checking out.
    Especially if the pads are still good, they are a steal at $75 for a pair. Even if the pads have to be replaced, but the lumbars still pump up, they are worth more than $75.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Aren't you really just paying for the lumbar and log style headrest (so for me it would just be the lumbar cause I'd replace the logs with halo's) if the covers and foam both need to be replaced? I thought you could make the articulated sport seats into SVO seats if you bought the SVO foam and covers?

$75 is still a good deal, but you could make SVO seats for cheaper if you found some GT seats and bought the svo stuff to change them (you can even buy the lumbar). As long as I'm right about being able to make SVo seats (which I might not be), than those cores for $275 are kind of expensive.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Mike is correct. You can take any of the sport seat frames used for the 83 and up Ford "articulated" sport seats and make SVO seats out of them by adding the SVO seat foam and material. The frames were basically all the same and were based off the '83 Tbird sport seats. The real differences between earlier and later model sport seats are the side bolsters became adjustable in '84 (you could adjust them inwards and outwards), as well as the knee pads became adjustable. There is also a difference in the sport seats from the later 80's. Some used a shorter seat back frame. These are not convertible to the SVO seats

All the upper seat frames on the sport seats have the mounting tabs for the lumbar pad whether they had the pad or not. You could theoretically add the lumbar pad if you wanted to. The problem might be finding a pad that's in decent shape with all the parts it needs (tubes and pump), also in decent shape. I know there is a supplier that sells NOS lumbar pads, but I don't think they include all the parts that you need to add a new lumbar set up to one that doesn't already have it.

The headrests are a story unto themselves also. The padded headrest used on the SVO's appear to use a slightly smaller post than the halo headrests. This is why Ford used a headrest post sleeve in the SVO seats, while the halo headrests in the standard GT seats did not use the sleeve.

So yes, if you have an 84.5 - 86 GT seat, you could convert them to an SVO seat by buying the SVO seat foam and either the SVO upholstery kit or having new seat covers made for them.
    Last edited by tbirdman; 12-20-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  112.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  129.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  76.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  105.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  99.0 KBFinally went and picked these up. Gave him $50 for the seats and console. Here's some pics. What's up with the console?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  105.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  113.8 KB

Congrats on the purchase!

That's a good deal.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 84specialed View Post
    What's up with the console?
    The elements. Looks like it might clean up nice though. Good score!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

^^lol yeah its a little weathered. I was talkin about where the information center would be, looks like there were switches there?

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    SVO control arms are actually Lincoln parts.

The spindles are also SVO specific / Lincoln units. They don't fit anything else.
    Ken, for future reference, what years were interchangeable on these?

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    That's a good deal.
    I'll say. Nice score, you even talked him down and got a console out of it!

The switches in the SVO console were for the fog lights and the fuel switch.

^^ thanks for the info. I'll try some cleaning and elbow grease on the console and see if it will clean up.