Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scam alert

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    I can get them for free for ya...
    really? that would be fantastic, let me know how either on here or pm, i have a feeling he has it registered to himself because he freaked out on the seller for giving me the vin number.

as far as picking up the heads, after about a month after i sent money, he said they were shipped and returned and all that story, then it shifted stories to he wasnt the actual guy with the heads, he was selling for some "other" guy, and that guy screwed him so he cant physically get the heads, i was talking to one of the other guys that bought the same set of heads and got screwed, he said he got the same exact story, they were shipped to him, came back because no one signed for them, and they came back cracked, so the buyer said, well just ship them back and ill have the crack repaired, so the seller replied, we already shiipped them to california to get repaired LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by MY70GT View Post
    email him, and tell him you have a friend that lives nearby, and he is going to meet him to pick them up. See what he says. Do you have his address? Call the local PD and let them know what is going on. Sometimes, they might be able to give you info on a scumbag like that.
    i dont have his address, not even sure if the name is his legit name, i am figuring it is because he had to show id to pick the cash up from western union, but maybe he knows someone that works there, or maybe just a fake id

im hoping the vin of this car will show me the current owners name and possibly even the address

Maybe a visit to the Western union where the money went would help. And maybe with the help of some members things will right them self. fingers crossed, the world is a small place with the help of computers.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

the money went to upstate new york, which would be 6 hours drive, and i already called western union to report it, and they put a claim in but not much they can really do themselves, they filed the claim, gave me two federal fraud sites to fill out info on and then the investigators will contact western union and move on from there.

as far as word of mouth, its already affected him because i put this warning on every site im a member of, every facebook fox/camaro ect site that im a member of or that i seen he had stuff posted for sale, when his facebook was open at least, and i guess friday he tried to sell a turbo and intercooler and guys were all over it making sure no one else got burned, and he text me talking crap about the situation LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
    the money went to upstate new york, which would be 6 hours drive, and i already called western union to report it, and they put a claim in but not much they can really do themselves, they filed the claim, gave me two federal fraud sites to fill out info on and then the investigators will contact western union and move on from there.

as far as word of mouth, its already affected him because i put this warning on every site im a member of, every facebook fox/camaro ect site that im a member of or that i seen he had stuff posted for sale, when his facebook was open at least, and i guess friday he tried to sell a turbo and intercooler and guys were all over it making sure no one else got burned, and he text me talking crap about the situation LMAO.
    Nice! If every scammer got flushed out like this, there would be fewer scammers.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

if he is texting you the police should be able to find him through your phone company
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

I'm in upstate NY. If you find where they are maybe I can pick them up.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    Nice! If every scammer got flushed out like this, there would be fewer scammers.
    exactly, unfortunately some of the facebook group admins deleted my warning, so i left those groups because they obviously dont want to protect the members

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheeldevil View Post
    if he is texting you the police should be able to find him through your phone company
    i havent called the cops yet, as far as i read up on something like this, all they do is make a report, and then it goes no where, plus the few places i did see to call the police said i would have to call HIS local police department, and im not 100% where that is just yet

Quote Originally Posted by gregpro50 View Post
    I'm in upstate NY. If you find where they are maybe I can pick them up.
    the only guess i have based on the phone number and some google searches is ROME NY. but he doesnt have the heads anyway, the story was he listed them for another guy, who said they got returned by usps and were cracked and he no longer has them, but thats just the story i got

if it helps he just bought a 90 hatch blue with a 351 and i believe a cowl hood

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a report from your local police department. It might help you once you find the scammer's local PD. It will probably help when dealing with other entities which are involved with this, too. I notice that a lot of people in my city have out-of-town phone numbers because of cell phones.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12