Close

Default Is SmokinStangs.com going away?

Found this post on smokingstangs.com. Apparently Bob, who organized the site, is "retiring". I hope they don't fold. There are a lot of FEP members on that site - myself included - and many of the other members from New Hampshire and Massachusetts joined us for the annual cruise to Mustangs Unlimited for the spring show.

http://www.smokinstangs.com/showthre...and-as-of-2015

Neither here nor there

Yep, he is keeping the site online through 2015, but there will be no more SS laconia and the site make close by year end next year. It never took off the way he hoped and it should have.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

It's sad that it's going to go. I'm a member there but I don't post too much. There's just too many websites and not enough time. Yes, years ago I was online virtually all night, every night. The internet was new and exciting but it began to consume my life. I began to cut back and in some instances, stopped posting altogether. This site is the only one that I feel love for and while my posting here has dwindled, it's still my favorite of them all and I still check in everyday.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

I never heard them before, after seeing this video they made
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AymJULAKnFY#t=153

I wish I knew them early
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

I'm a member over there too. Although I haven't posted much. I've been getting some feedback over there on my thoughts of going to a newer car. It's a shame especially about the event but I do understand why it's going away. The forum just went over 1000 members a short while ago and putting on a car event (especially one with motorsports events) is a HUGE undertaking. The original plan was to make the Laconia event a northeast version of Mustang week.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I hope the Laconia event doesn't go away,I think it's low member count on SS.com is due to the popularity of FB. I too don't go there or come here as much because of of FB and all the mustang FB pages that are out there. This is still my favorite forum as well Pete,I don't even go to yellowbullet anymore,or even craigslist as there are so many For Sale pages on FB
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!