Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEP Supporter

Default New Addition: Another '79 Coupe!

Some of you may remember this car for sale on here a little while back: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ang-ghia-coupe

Call me a sucker for all original!

I want to give some kudos to Fidel (STANGMAN116). He is one of the nicest guys you could imagine so don't be shy and buy one of his other cars up for sale! He was patient while I figured out transport, then got the car started up and ready for the day they came for it!

It took a while to have all of the arrangements made and paperwork figured out to have the car shipped from the Denver area to Great Falls, MT and then a week and a half ago I made the 10 hour round trip to go and pick it up. Wouldn't you know the weather turned and was quite cold for the trip but with a fresh battery in tow, she still fired up!

One of my old neighbors owns a few houses around a couple of mile radius from where I live (all empty because he is tired of renting). My '82 GT and '86 SVO are stored in one of his garages already. I had to move a bunch of stuff to get some room, but he offered me this spot just down the back alley from me! Might not be permanant but it is great for now! I have no plans for it currently. I think my goal is to get it all ready for my younger son when he is ready to drive in a few years! I seem to have my hands full with another '79 Coupe right now! I'll start another thread in the future when I figure something out and have some more time on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Im glad the car made the long journey!!! Im super excited and sad at the same time... I hope you and your son enjoy this beauty!

Congrats, glad it went to some one who will treat it well...
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Great lookin car.......great story....

That is a pretty car, even if it does have an auto. I'm a sucker for blue on blue...I love that food combo. Congrats to both buyer and seller.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Wow!

How did I miss the first thread? This is a terrific car and a terrific price!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

That is one I would have loved to have, glad it is in good hands.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

looks like a nice find. super clean. Its great that we can still find that many cars in such great shape. Hope you enjoy it

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

thats a super nice car and you did extremely well. I really liked that car when it was originally posted, even with the auto it was a super deal. I would have swapped in a nice T-5 keeping every nice and original if I had to put the auto back in it.
    congrats on an awesome coupe, very rare car in unusual original condition with a facotry V8 in it. I even love the 10 holes on it!

FEP Supporter

Thanks everyone. Pretty soon we can have our own cruise night!

It was the color I liked and the original condition also. There aren't too many around that are original anymore and if I missed out, I could've been waiting a while for another! There is a really awesome early blue Cobra I've seen on here that is one of my favorite cars! Call it inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    I even love the 10 holes on it!
    Funny, coming from Colorado they actually have winter STUDDED tires on them.

I had a parts car 79 hatch that was ripped in half it was hit so hard, but it was that same color combo and I loved it. That was the biggest draw to me on this one, even though I prefer hatches.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

Woow this light bleu is amazing! Engine bay pics?

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by pre89street View Post
    Woow this light bleu is amazing! Engine bay pics?
    It is a nice color isn't it?

Plus an engine shot just for you Dave. There is a whole lot of original under there by the looks of it

(Now we need you to update your thread with pictures of your car!)

I had a parts car 79 hatch that was ripped in half it was hit so hard, but it was that same color combo and I loved it. That was the biggest draw to me on this one, even though I prefer hatches.
    Travis T you mean like this.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  154.5 KB
    I might be tempted to sell!!
    Especially since I have been looking at two more!!!
    But don't tell the wife.
    1982 Mustang coupe with 66 mustang 289(30 over, keith black pistons,etc.) 4cyl world class t-5, 8.8 with 3.55.
    1980 Mustang hatch(sold)
    1965 Mustang (in process)

Yep, like that and I don't need another vehicle! I'm up to seven right now!

I do like the color...I had a '74 Mustang II hatchback that was also Light Blue. Some folks thought it was a boring color, but when I kept it washed and waxed, it looked terrific. I tried to find pics, but came up empty.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Yep, like that and I don't need another vehicle! I'm up to seven right now!
    I am at six and get the evil eye when I mention another car!!!!
    1982 Mustang coupe with 66 mustang 289(30 over, keith black pistons,etc.) 4cyl world class t-5, 8.8 with 3.55.
    1980 Mustang hatch(sold)
    1965 Mustang (in process)

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    It is a nice color isn't it?

Plus an engine shot just for you Dave. There is a whole lot of original under there by the looks of it

(Now we need you to update your thread with pictures of your car!)
    Awesome Darran ! This car is perfect and original, rare find with factory v8 and a/c too I really love it!

I will update my project soon

'79s still had the old-school 'flathead' AC compressor.

Looks like the rabbit was so impressed with that car, that he had to get a look underneath!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

I am also happy that this car has gone to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Call me a sucker for all original!
    It's so good to hear that news. Applause. Applause.

FEP Supporter

Default Build sheet

So I was over doing a couple of small things and thought...the build sheet for our other San Jose car was under the drivers seat. I thought I would take a look. What do you know! If you have a San Jose '79 and have the original seats, take a look there!

Looks like it originally had Michelin tires which I assume meant it was TRX equipped.

Last edited by 82GTforME; 06-02-2015 at 07:34 PM.

I love it man!

Holy fudge man that thing is as clean as that car!!!! Man I miss her. .

Any updates with this car?
    95 Taurus SHO MTX-Sold. 92 Capri XR2 1.6 Turbo-Sold. 86 Mustang GT 5.0-Sold. 01 Focus ZX3-Sold.16 Focus SE 1.0L Ecoboost 6 Speed Manual-Daily 1978 Ford Fairmont I6 - Family Cruiser

FEP Supporter

Nothing yet, still parked in the garage in the first post above and still sitting waiting it's turn.

There is some information on the Marti report here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e-Marti-Report

I tell you though, once I am done with the Tangerine coupe, blue will be a nice change to the eyes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast