Close

Default 86 LX with a 5.0 dropped in

My husband and I are thinking of selling the fox to another home where she will get driven more. Originally built up thinking 'RACE CAR!' but we've never taken her to the track. We have 3 other project cars and 2 daily drivers so we need a little more room. Here's what I know:
    This was a 4 cylinder LX Coupe that had a new motor dropped in it. Manual transmission, runs good, new paint (but admittedly a cheap paint job). It has a roll cage installed along with Corbeau forza seats and 5 point harness We have had this car since 2005 and to our knowledge it's never been wrecked.
    Details:
    Roush 200 heads
    ford e303 cam
    edelbrock performer 2 intake.
    Bbk headers.
    Ford racing roller rockers.
    93 mustang computer with a Ron Francis wiring harness
    Exact mileage on the motor is unknown (he didn't record exact mileage when he put the new motor in) but is in the ~15000 mile range

He ordered the block from summit in 2004 and built the motor up then. He originally had it in a Thunderbird for a short time but then bought this fox to drop it in. The exhaust has some holes, it still has the original 7.5 rear end but we do have an 8.8 in the back yard, just haven't done the swap. TX car. No rust. What should we expect to get? Anything we should do to it to up the value before selling? It is missing 1 door panel and I think a window crank. Name:  image (8).jpg
Views: 89
Size:  43.6 KBName:  image (7).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  37.3 KBName:  image (1).jpg
Size:  184.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  63.9 KB

Where are you located?
    BBD PERFORMANCE
    HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS
    CUSTOM ENGINE BUILDS
    CUSTOM CAM DESIGNS
    1983 CRIMSON CAT OWNER

Houston, Tx

I would probably look for a door panel and that window crank, slap a ford emblem in the front and clean it up as best as you can (if there are any easy things that need fixing I would do that too, but don't spend a lot of money...get the door panel and window crank from a junkyard if you can. They will help make it look more finished, but there's no need to spend a lot of money for them...or anything at this point). Then I would ask around $6K and jump on the first person to offer anything over $5K. Honestly it looks like a really cool car, it's just too bad it doesn't have a rear seat or rear seat delete to finish off the back. I would also let people know about the 8.8 and I would include it with the sale.

I really like the looks of it and I think others will too. Notches are popular, even 4 cylinder converted cars, if they're done right. Oh, if you have receipts for the parts list that as well. People will want to see those.

Good luck, it's a cool notch that doesn't need much to be a fun track car.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Thanks for all the help everyone. Got her sold today, and sad to see her go, but I'm sure that there will be another Fox body in our future.