Close

Hybrid View

You'd have to be ruthless with weight reduction I think to meet that goal. The weight for mine was full fuel, but less the driver, that added in puts me at 3400. I could drop weight with aluminum heads, and like I said, the interior stuff probably adds 150 lbs. Other than that one would have to do more fiberglass body parts and dump anything not totally necessary. Of course the MM stuff is not the lightest either, but I think that is worthwhile weight.

What is the issue with your cage? Did you go with smaller tube, mine is all 1.75" DOM steel.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    You'd have to be ruthless with weight reduction I think to meet that goal. The weight for mine was full fuel, but less the driver, that added in puts me at 3400. I could drop weight with aluminum heads, and like I said, the interior stuff probably adds 150 lbs. Other than that one would have to do more fiberglass body parts and dump anything not totally necessary. Of course the MM stuff is not the lightest either, but I think that is worthwhile weight.

What is the issue with your cage? Did you go with smaller tube, mine is all 1.75" DOM steel.
    Yes, I have a 1 5/8" DOM S&W 10pt. When I first started building it I never intended to do any wheel to wheel stuff with it. The cage was more for chassis stiffness and my own piece of mind. Now that I decided to do a Lemons race I have to keep the car under 3000# as raced for the cage to be legal. I have however been more ruthless in it's diet than you. Front bumper cover is gutted, no front bumper reinforcement or headlight panel, bumper shocks gone, doors are so gutted I am almost afraid to open them. Fiberglass hood, no HVAC, sound deadening removed, dash gutted , and the steel rear bumper reinforcement now weighs 14.8#. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed

BTW, Congrats on the first ride Dude!!
    Last edited by flyin5-o; 04-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.