Close

Default 1979 Turbo Mustang.......Help....

Hello all. I am new to the forums and not sure exactly how all of this works but...here goes. I've owned several Fox bodies in the past however I have been given a unique opportunity. I recently found a Silver 1979 Factory Turbo Mustang Hatch in a shop/barn. I am unsure of milage or what it will take to get it into running condition. Its has a 4sp manual and those gross oem 14" alloys. Overall it look like its in pretty darn good condition on exterior with a few minor things. Interior is much the same. I dont think its ran since parked(tags expired 10-12yrs ago) I've looked all around a little online an am having trouble finding really good info(other comparable cars) and was hoping someone here could be of some help. Any idea what the value is/could be? Is it worth buying?

If you can get it for a good price it's definitely worth buying. 79 was the first year of the fox body (79-93 style) and a running turbo car is pretty rare.

Don't expect much for performance with that engine, but it was a cool option back then. If the turbo still works, the turbo light on the dash should light up and you'll hear a faint whistle sound. I think stock it puts out about 7 lbs of boost.

Is it a Cobra? You'd know by the obvious exterior decals or by the passenger side dash plaque. There's printed identification somewhere on the car too to verify this, but others on here can chime in to help you with that. If it's a Cobra, it's worth more.

Post some pics, so we can all get a look!
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Offer them $500 (scrap offer) then negotiate the best price you can and report back. Check if it will start up or move? Post as many pics as you can, then we can help you determine a fair value.

I am unsure if a cobra or not. I will get as much info on it and some pics here in a day or so. thanks