Close

FEP Member

Default RockAuto has Motorcraft 93.25" serpentine belt if needed

Wasn't sure where else to post this. I did some searching when I wanted to replace my serpentine belt on my '86 5.0 with AC. There were places that listed the Motorcraft part, but actually did not have them. RockAuto had them in stock and a pretty reasonable price of $37 plus $6 shipping. This is part# JK6932. Just an FYI if you need the Motorcraft 93.25" belt.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Hey Viking thanks for posting this, didn't really need one, but, always nice to have one on hand when maintenance dictates. I try to put all ford oem or Motorcraft service parts on my mustangs. When I looked this up on rockauto, they had one left at a super price of 17 bucks for the Motorcraft one. Just must have been good timing. It's still a good deal at the higher 30 dollar price for a Motocraft belt. They have cheaper ones for non a/c cars.
    Just wanted to say thanks!

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

arrived today can't beat an NOS Motocraft serpentine belt for 17 bucks….makes for a nice spare

I tried a JK6932 on my 1986 Capri 5.0 with A/C and it was to long. My car is all stock. I ended up using a Motorcraft JK6916B belt.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Bummer, guess I'm out 17 bucks......I'll give it a shot...I guess it will be a nice decoration for my garage.....when I looked it up it said it was correct for 86 a/c cars with 5.0 and alt. looked it up on the rockauto catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    I tried a JK6932 on my 1986 Capri 5.0 with A/C and it was to long. My car is all stock. I ended up using a Motorcraft JK6916B belt.

My master parts list shows that the original belt for both the 85 and 86 5.0 with A/C cars was the JK6926 (Ford part number E5ZZ 8620-D). That part number was at some point "replaced by" by the JK6932 belt, which is Ford part number E1ZZ 8620-B.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

I also tried the JK6932 on my 86. While it "works" (I've run it all summer), the tensioner is at the very end of it's travel.
    Picked up a JK6916 a few weeks ago ($18.95 shipped-Ebay), and it's too short - will not go on.
    Looks like the JK6926 is my next try - should be just right...

FWIW, I've found good deals on these on both Ebay & Amazon.
    While I really like Rockauto, they were just an average deal after adding freight.
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    Bummer, guess I'm out 17 bucks......I'll give it a shot...I guess it will be a nice decoration for my garage.....when I looked it up it said it was correct for 86 a/c cars with 5.0 and alt. looked it up on the rockauto catalog.
    I would try it as well. You never know, it might fit. That is what I saw listed for my car as well from NPD and ordered it . NPD Part # M-8620-43 which is JK6932. I tried it but it was to long. I then went to Late Model Restoration and they listed JK6916B for 1982-87 5.0 W/AC. I bought that one and it fit great.
    Last edited by fascat; 10-31-2014 at 07:59 PM.

FEP Member

wow, I originally bought the one Late Model Restoration JK6916B and it was too short. The JK6932 is correct for MY stock 86 with AC.

Autozone carries a large selection of serpentine belts. When I did my a/c delete everything I read about the belt size was to big. As far as I know everything on my car is stock. You can get one always return it. I ended up doing this 4 times before getting exact size for my fitment.

I have an 86 5.0 with factory air and steering. However, I replaced the stock steering pulley with an sn95 (about 1" more diameter) and run the larger 3g alternator pulley as well. To find the proper belt length, I used a tailor's tape measure. I ran it around the system, accounted for the idler and found my length = 93". Simply looked for a 93" belt. Each manufacturer uses a different PN but generally the length is part of the PN. Using the PNs above, we have JK6916 = 91.6"; JK6932 = 93.2" In my case, I use Gates PN 5060930 = 93.0". The last digit indicates the fraction.