Close

Default 3 years to do a swap takes its toll

Hello

Small story first...in Feb 2003 I bought my 86 Cougar XR7...bone stock with a C3...
    The world told me to remove the C3 and swap to T5...so I got all that stuff...even though my C3 was working perfectly.
    In May 2003 I leaned out the engine too much...so pop goes the HG...I had an other engine...so I decided to swap that in also with the T5 conversion.
    So removed all the C3 stuff...like everything...and missed placed stuff, gave the tranny to a weird Mustang guy..

So fast forward to May 2006, I decided to do the C4 swap...got the stuff for that. But all my shifter, cable, pedals of course where missing.
    So I had my friends shop help me...I was over my head. I was able to purchase another C3 shifter, and Ford still had 1 NOS shifter cable.

The built C4 I bought originally came from a 79 fairmont with a column shift. So all the stuff on the side of the C4 wasnt there. I was able to get the C3 back from the weird guy...so with all of that stuff. My buddies shop was able to rig something up. It worked perfectly...I was very happy. I like the stock look. I do drag race the car, but Im not that into it to want/need and B&M stuff.

So fast forward to 2011 I removed the 2.3T and C4, to install a built 351w and another stronger C4. Well life, kids, woman have delayed the project so many times. I swap the few pieces I could tell where they went on the new C4 off the other C4. Put the rest of the parts in a small box...which is now missing.

So here are 2 pictures...

http://www.crystalcomputersupport.co.../c4shifter.jpg
    http://www.crystalcomputersupport.co.../c3shifter.jpg

There is a custom bracket not in the pictures...that held the C3 shifter cable....but it is way towards the back of the case...

So guys, any ideas...this is really holding me up...as I cant really move the car. I want to start, quick breakin, then garage slumber...for the upcoming winter...

Thanks,

Travis
    1986 XR7 turbo basically stock 13.7@103 2.3'

That's why I try to store as many parts inside the car as possible, if I'm doing something long term.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Pen, paper, ziplock bags. Label in bag. EG Left door parts, Right door parts. That is why car restorers pay someone to catalog parts. Good luck.