Close

Default 1984 Mustang FHP SSP $400.00

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/4707818183.html

I have for sale a ex florida highway patrol mustang. The car started it's life in florida as a state highway patrol car. It was then brought to indiana and driven for a short time. The previous owner cracked the block and started to rebuild then lost interest. The car has no engine, no trans, no exhaust, no hood and the rims do not go with it but it will have wheels on it. Price is 400 or partial trade.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Hi There where is the car what state is it in and how is the car for rust Thanks Darin

The person that posted the car isn't the one selling. Click the link: http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/4707818183.html
    and it will take you to the Craigslist ad of the actual person that is selling the vehicle (not a fep member). In this section of the classifieds (FYI-- Cars for Sale) members post four eyed vehicles they find for sale on places like eBay, Craigslist, Copart, etc just to give everyone a heads up about them. This is not where members sell their own vehicles. That is in the first section of the classifieds simply called "Cars for Sale" (no FYI).
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

$400 for a notch, much less an SSP? I bet you good money that one is already sold, or that price was a typo.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

It's a rough one. I'm trying to strike a deal on it right now. The guys really nice and will keep it for a few weeks till I can go get it. I Love ssp's. I've got 2 allready. I've been looking for a coupe to modify and build into a nice performing street car, and this one is rough and incomplete enough to do the ssp resto mod I've been dreaming of and I won't have to feel bad about modifying a complete original car.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Can't be many 84 SSPs.

Quote Originally Posted by 84specialed View Post
    It's a rough one. I'm trying to strike a deal on it right now. The guys really nice and will keep it for a few weeks till I can go get it. I Love ssp's. I've got 2 allready. I've been looking for a coupe to modify and build into a nice performing street car, and this one is rough and incomplete enough to do the ssp resto mod I've been dreaming of and I won't have to feel bad about modifying a complete original car.
    Good luck thats kinda where im at with my utah car! Hope you can make it down there

Listing has been deleted. Did ya get lucky with a purchase?
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    Listing has been deleted. Did ya get lucky with a purchase?
    Yep I got it. I'm going to have it shipped. I'll post some pics when it gets here in a few weeks.

FEP Member

Congrats on the purchase!
    Bill Jr.

Blog Entries

Congratulations! Sounds like you have an ideal plan for the car. Please keep us posted with a build thread!

Thanks guys. I will start a build thread on this one. As soon as it gets here I'm sending it off for all the rust repair it needs.Good thing the fella I bought it from refused to sell it to anybody wanting to build a dirt track car or it would've Allready been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    Can't be many 84 SSPs.
    Anybody have any idea how many FHP cars that year? Or a total number?

FEP Member

We have confirmed the FHP range of VINs in a batch of 50 cars -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/84VIN.html

If you look at the bottom of that page, the number indicates the total number of SSPs confirmed (so far) for that year. "Likely", but unconfirmed VINs are not included in that count - only confirmed cars.
    Bill Jr.

^^^thanks

Hey guys... who got this car and where is it today??
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5