Close

Blog Entries

Default Ride of the Month: Fairmont/Zephyr nominations ONLY

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...th-Nominations

In the interest of variety (we've reached the 85/6 Mustang saturation point), this month is Fairmont and Zephyr ONLY. So, if there's an F/Z you want to see nominated, hit that thread, read up on how to do a nomination and get it done! While all previous RoTMs have been open to all FEP-scope cars, we're wanting to put the spotlight on the ORIGINAL Fox platform cars, the Fairmont and Zephyr.

Thanks!

crickets a chirpin
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Not trying to step on any toes here but I think the iron fist nazi elitest attitude here has steered many people away from this site.
    What Next?
    1978 Fairmont box top
    Build Thread

Wait, what? I feel like I'm missing something here. I know you tried to steer people here from Facebook to participate in this ROTM, but how does that relate to an iron fist/Nazi attitude? Have you talked to some people since then that have had complaints and therefore didn't want to come here? I'm just trying to get a little clarification so a proper discussion can be had.

If we're talking about the site in general, my take is, I really don't even notice it. Probably because I agree with most if not all of FEP's tenets. The particular one about Ford power only is the same as the group on Facebook, so hardly out of line. Every time one of the mods explains why they do what they do, it sounds very reasonable and intelligent to me. I really don't understand how anyone could take issue with any of it unless they just REALLY want to post about parting out a mint '86 Eurocoupe or aero-converting an '84 GT 350, or... putting a POS Chevy engine in their Marquis LTS. No one says you aren't free to do those things, you just can't talk about them here.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by UNTCHBL50 View Post
    Not trying to step on any toes here but I think the iron fist nazi elitest attitude here has steered many people away from this site.
    I am probably with ZephyrEFI on this one......I am not sure exactly what you are implying in this post, but I can assure you that the strict rules on this site are what has made it such a huge success. I have seen what kind of unruly out of hand stuff gets posted on other car sites & care nothing for it.
    My wife & the wives of several other of the other guys on here participate in this forum for the very reason that it is family oriented.
    So you can call it "iron fist nazi elitest attitude" or whatever you like, but many of us like it that way!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

"Not trying to step on any toes here but I think the iron fist nazi elitest attitude here has steered many people away from this site."
    You agree to the rules when you join up so being expected to follow them should not be offensive. It helps keep things on a more adult level.

Default Ride of the Month: Fairmont/Zephyr nominations ONLY

Nonsense!

Plenty of worthy FZ on FEP

Good call

Like I said I am not trying to stir up any trouble, I have never noticed any "issues" in this section (F/Z) mostly in the main areas, it may not even be that way anymore. I do not frequent those sections as I no longer have a mustang. I have been a member here for a long time and ment no harm by my post.
    What Next?
    1978 Fairmont box top
    Build Thread

Blog Entries

Well, if you're gonna throw out accusations, why not provide some evidence for it? We're very clear and very open about what we do and do not allow here. The Internet is a big place, so if this site doesn't meet your needs or expectations, there are plenty of other avenues for you to pursue.

We've got a few big no-nos, all coming from two main purposes: keep these cars on the road while attempting to preserve what financial and enthusiast value we can, and to minimize drama.

We won't support any kind of off-brand engine swap. Guess what? Neither do any of the surviving brand-specific magazines. The car market doesn't support that with amazing resale value for yet another SBC swapped Fairmont, either.

We don't support ripping out the EFI 2.3T out of the handfuls of cars they were tossed into. While the TurboCoupe might have relatively large numbers, none of the others do.

We're not down with making Capris look like Mustangs nor aeronose swaps on the earlier cars. And, in the interest of avoiding hypocrisy as best we can, we don't help out with the reverse.

And we don't host ads for folks blatantly parting out cars that have a solid chance of being put back on the road.

Those four things are probably the biggest pillars of what the site is about. If that somehow equals one of the greatest evils humanity has ever known in your, or anyone else's, eyes I'm not even sure where to begin on something like that. Perhaps that goes along with the belief that you can throw out a remark about Nazi elitist attitudes AND not wanting to step on any toes in the same sentence.

Look I will say this one more time, I'm not here to get into a big internet pissing match. This site has a lot of great info and members let's leave it at that and move on and get back on topic here. I am done with this.
    What Next?
    1978 Fairmont box top
    Build Thread

I'll nominate slpr50ltd's Zephyr. Even though he is currently trying to sell it, I know first hand this Z7 is an amazingly original and beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You waited a bit too long, the nomination period is closed amd the voting is taking place in the "Online Car Show & Tell" forum. That is one amazing Zephyr though. After seeing all those cool Zephyrs and Fairmonts, it makes me want a nice Futura for a daily driver. I might have to look into this further...
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

That's a nice one