Close

Default 1986 Mustang convert project

Well, i've had this car for 11 years and I'm not going to do anything with it. Still sitting where it was 4 years ago lol. I feel it's a good solid platform to start with but it's a huge project nonetheless. I have a clear title in my name showing 90k miles which I believe to be correct. On to the description:
    This is originally a V6 auto, from Florida. Still has the dealer decal from West Palm Beach on the deck lid. It's been repainted once in the original dark blue. At some point it had the drivetrain from a late 80's/early 90's 5.0 hack swapped in, along with the kframe, larger front brakes, dash, some of the wiring and the nose. At this point it's a roller, still has the 11" brakes etc. The body has a small hole rotted through in the spare tire well in the trunk and surface rust on the pass fenderwell around the battery area, but is rock solid overall. The underside, floors, trunk, strut towers, frame rails, etc are all solid. The bottom of the doors on both sides are rotted and will require some metal work to repair and have some dings but are otherwise usable. Fenders, quarters, rockers, etc are all clean. Trunk lid has rust starting around lip but i have a clean spare. One taillight has small crack. No hood. The cowl has been damaged from hood fly-up and will need repair. All moldings are present except for the ones in front of the front wheels, they were changed to match the aeronose and aero fender extensions. Will come with an 86 GT nosecone that needs some repairs; as I recall the foglite mtg. bar is bent and the lights are missing. Don't have the correct LX nose or extensions. Has an 8.8 w/ 3.73's that leaks at the pinion seal. Will come with rusty equal length MAC shortys, 2.5 offroad H-pipe, and flowmasters with large ugly rusty chrome tips if you want them. Windshield is cracked, all other tinted glass OK. Top works OK manually, pump and wiring not connected, condition unknown. Top itself is NG. Wheels are 17x9 Cobra replicas, pretty nice w/ minor curbing on a couple, tires NG. Fuel lines are set up for fuel injection. Front seats are light blue, likely the originals, and smell terribly of cat pee, as does the entire interior. Rear seat is grey. No door panels or trim, does have rear panels but armrests are split. Might have a dash frame and guages but will have to dig; don't count on it.
    Would be perfect to transfer everything over from a rotted but complete car or a great foundation for a project. I'd like $500 with either these wheels or 1/2 decent 10 holes. If anyone wants to see a specific area I'll do my best to take pics of it and/or answer any questions. Thanks for looking......MattAttachment 75971
    Last edited by Wilson; 08-14-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

PicsName:  driver side.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  202.4 KBName:  eng compt.jpg
Size:  169.3 KBName:  front floor.jpg
Size:  103.9 KBName:  pass front quarter.jpg
Size:  165.6 KB
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

$500. Would love to have the garage space back by the new year!
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

TTT. Updated for condition.
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

$400?
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

Man, if you weren’t so far I’d love to scoop up that vert