Close

Thread: 1986 Mustang Gt

Default 1986 Mustang Gt

I am selling my 1986 Mustang GT, car is rattle can black right now but no rust except for some surface rust. Car is pretty much all original, still has the marchel fog lights and covers, distributor boot, halo head rests.

Interior is decent, headliner has some rips and needs new sunvisors, the seats look almost new with one small spot on the drivers seat bolster that has some wear. Still have the cover for the rear hatch as well.

Car has new water pump, radiator, thermostat, Ford racing blue hose kit, belt. Engine is strong, one of the strongest I have felt for a stock motor. Trans has the typical grind going into first and reverse and the throw out bearing is making some noise. The car starts every time I go out to start it no problem even after sitting for months. I was told the rear had been just rebuilt when I bought the car and it deff feels like it. Tourque boxes are perfect even though they have never been touched.

I also have a bunch of things that will go with the car, A complete extra 302 motor from an explorer with the GT 40 3 bar heads and GT 40 upper and lower intake. Also comes with and extra GT 40 Upper and lower that has been powder coated flat black. Have some misc interior parts to go along with it as well as some new emblems and moldings for the outside plus a brand new hood sticker. I will post pics when I can. The extra engine is on an engine stand which goes as well.

Car is located in Mechanicsville MD 20659

Asking 3500.00 obo for everything.....if you are looking for a show car this is not it BUT if you are looking for a true survivor for a good price this IS it.

Name:  mustang 1.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  73.5 KBName:  mustang 2.jpg
Size:  25.2 KBName:  mustang 3.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  42.5 KBName:  mustang 4.jpg
Size:  36.5 KBName:  mustang 5.jpg
Size:  45.6 KB

Mechanically, ad reads as if it has seen some time at "MIR"

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

What's that cylindrical can looking thing next to the air intake air box?

Looks like a vaccum reservoir or something vaccum related. Like that one in an 80 that a member posted about recently.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...n-1980-Mustang
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

But, on an 86???
    I haven't seen that can on any of the 86s ive owned. I can't think of an option on an 86 that requires that. Maybe its a relocated fuel filter?

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Looks like a vaccum reservoir or something vaccum related. Like that one in an 80 that a member posted about recently.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...n-1980-Mustang