Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I'll look at the database later and see if there are any more 27/KA without "CAT" on the buck tag.
    I have 14 CC buck tags in the database and only two (linked above, in post #23) do not have "CAT" stamped.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsccat View Post
    I have seen data stating the Crimson Cat package was available with all ... engines.
    I have two in the database with the 3.8L V6 engine. The rest have a 5.0L engine. I have not seen any (yet) with the non-turbo 2.3L engine. By the 1983 model the 2.3T (turbo) engine was available only in the Turbo RS.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Dadsccat: Can you post pics of the door tag and buck tag? How many miles on the odometer? Does this CC have any of the following options? (Not sure if there were any more options on your Marti report.) Thanks.

air conditioner
    appearance protection group
    engine block immersion heater
    fingertip speed control
    front carpet floor mats
    heavy-duty battery
    interval windshield wipers
    lower bodyside protection
    power locks
    power windows
    premium sound system
    rear defrost
    tilt steering wheel
    tinted glass
    tinted windshield (only)
    light group
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I have 14 CC buck tags in the database and only two (linked above, in post #23) do not have "CAT" stamped.
    so far thats over 10% with paint 27 and KA interior without CAT on the buck tag, what would be a plausible explanation?
    *FOXTOBERFEST* 2015 http://www.foxmustangrestoration.com/events
    85 T Top coupe 5.0 2R red, E7's, rpm intake, 4180 carb, 7.4 1/8
    83 CC capri 5.0 5 speed,black mesh wheels
    76 cobra II 302 auto black/gold, big cam 3 inch dumps- sold to a good friend
    92 coupe 5.0 5 speed -red
    92 Lx hatch 5.0 5 speed -black, 66 coupe 5.0 4 spd (project)
    87 Vert 5.0 AOD red stock as a rock

" Are you sure you know what you're talking about? It kinda sounds like you know what you're talking about"

The non-"CAT" tags are early in the CC production run. Perhaps a miscommunication at DAP on what the tags were supposed to be stamped with? Remember, BM and CC overlapped for a little while, and both had "CAT" on their tag.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FoxChassis: Look at the marti report I posted. The door tag is exact except for the weights. As for the buck tag, I can't take a pic because the car went Saturday to the restorer but here is the information from the tag:
    CAPRI
    609048. 61D
    277 DF ST
    06 RA HB
    CAT MOD 02
    -A NLR

The car does not have Air, Pw, PLocks or tilt. It does have all the other options you have listed. Hope this helps.

I posted a link to my thread about my son's car before noticing that there was already a link in post #23. My project got derailed so I believer we're just going to put an engine in his car just to get it back on the road. It's been down for almost 3 years now... (I'm ashamed).
    Last edited by RyKR; 10-14-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsccat View Post
    FoxChassis: Look at the marti report I posted. The door tag is exact except for the weights. As for the buck tag, I can't take a pic because the car went Saturday to the restorer but here is the information from the tag:
    CAPRI
    609048. 61D
    277 DF ST
    06 RA HB
    CAT MOD 02
    -A NLR

The car does not have Air, Pw, PLocks or tilt. It does have all the other options you have listed. Hope this helps.
    I still would like to see the original door tag, and the buck tag. When ever you get the car back. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I will post it when I can get a pic.

Mick where you able to confrim that vin # I just sent you as a White CC?

And I like Martin reports but I'm looking at 2 different Vin # cars both same make and year and paint code. One says 1738 with this paint code and the other says 342. So Which it ? Im planning on calling Kevin Marti
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    Mick where you able to confrim that vin # I just sent you as a White CC?
    I have no way of confirming it to be a 9D BM with just a VIN. I would need to see a buck tag, window sticker, Marti report, or Eminger invoice. A door tag or build shet would also indicate a BM, except for the 1981 model year where the "YA" seats were optional in the L model.

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    And I like Marti reports but I'm looking at 2 different Vin # cars both same make and year and paint code. One says 1738 with this paint code and the other says 342. So Which it ? Im planning on calling Kevin Marti
    Can you tell me which reports you're looking at? Sometimes there is confusion as to what the stats mean.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I have two in the database with the 3.8L V6 engine. The rest have a 5.0L engine. I have not seen any (yet) with the non-turbo 2.3L engine. By the 1983 model the 2.3T (turbo) engine was available only in the Turbo RS.
    Was looking at the 1983 L/M Facts book and it showed the Crimson Cat model standard with 2.3L and available with 5.0L, 3.8L and the 2.3 Turbo. I read somewhere that the 805 number represented the 5.0L CCs but have no way of substantiating that. Has anyone come across at 2.3 Turbo CC?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  95.9 KB
    Last edited by Dadsccat; 12-13-2015 at 09:45 AM.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

The availability of the 2.3T in the CC was probably changed later in the model year. Is there a print date on that book? Would you be able to scan all of the Capri related pages from that book?

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...ctsBook_14.jpg

The "Revised February 1983" Mercury Product Facts Book shows that the 2.3T engine was available only in the Turbo RS.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The "Illustrated Mercury Buyer's Guide" shows 805 CCs made, and it does not say anything about the engine. I would not trust the numbers from that book. Some of them have already proved to be wrong. We already know that there were 1363 CCs made, courtesy of Marti Auto Works.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The availability of the 2.3T in the CC was probably changed later in the model year. Is there a print date on that book? Would you be able to scan all of the Capri related pages from that book?

The "Revised February 1983" Mercury Product Facts Book shows that the 2.3T engine was available only in the Turbo RS.
    This is the February 1983 revised edition which is the last update released from when I have been able to tell. Having said that the Ford just revises pages to replace previous pages and the page shot is an original page. The revised pages do not show engine options for the CC but is consistent with the turbo being available late. I would be happy to scan the pages. Let me know how you would like them sent to you.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

Read through all the revised pages and it is vague about engine availability in the CC on any revised pages. One revised page shows the RS Turbo option only available on the RS Turbo. This would infer a change in model availability for this engine and since job 1 was after the revisions (Turbo not available until March 1983 and book revised February), there are most likely no Turbo CCs.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    02 Thunderbird

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12