Close

Default What wheel cylinders to use with 8.8 swap?

I noticed they are different bore sizes. The factory 81 zephyr are 13/16 bore and the atleast 1992 is 3/4 bore.

The line thread is also different, but im having to make all new lines anyway. With the stock master/booster what will be best? Ive got sn95 disc on the front.

Thanks, Im glad i looked at the specs before throwing it all together.

I'd use the size for the body.
    Also check the amount (length) of lining on the shoes. The Mustang probably has less than the Zephyr.
    These things are determend by weight, wheelbase and balance.
    Goodluck,
    Ron.

Is your Zephyr a wagon? The wagon had larger (10" vice 9") drums and I seem to recall the wheel cylinder diameter is 13/16". Mr JACOOK would know for sure. If I wasn't so lazy I would hunt down one of his posts on Fox chassis wagon rear drums.

I wonder if Rockauto will show the difference in rear wheel cylinder (ie one size for everything except wagon and Cop/Taxi and one for Wagon and cop/taxi)?
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

I ended up using the zephyr cylinders and shoes. I just used the 7.5 lines as they looked great, but got a new body to axle hose.

so it has 95 front disk and ranger drums with 35spline axles and spool. Itll get upgraded to disk at some point, just not in the cards right now.