Close

Default 1992 Mustang front bumper sawp to 1986 front end question

Hello! Recently I have decided to start the project of swapping my 1992 front end to four-eyed. Mostly due to the fact that I hate the 87-93 front end and have always loved the 85-86. My dad swapped his to a 79 style so he has the hood, front bumper, fenders, trim and bumper, as well as the light and harness. My main question is how does the wiring work? like how do I go about taking out an 87 and up part of the harness to where I can add the 86 harness for the lights? Also I must metion my whole harness was from a 1990 mustang if that helps. And any other steps in this process would be great! Thanks.

First, welcome to FEP, I hope you'll find that this is a nice place to hang out, and perhaps one day you
    will have a Four Eyed Fox. But unfortunately swapping an '85-'86 bumper cover onto your aero-nose
    is not something we can help you with.

In the "About Us" link at the top of the page, you'll find the "Tenets of FEP". Among others is this -

"FEP does not condone bumper cover swaps making later (87-93/aero nose) appear to be 86 and earlier
    models, just as we do not accept earlier cars made to look like 87-later models. These swaps do not keep
    79-86 cars on the road, and to accept swaps in one direction and not the other would be hypocritical as
    well as counter-productive. They often take hard-to-find parts out of the pool of availability for cars in need
    of them. We are about more than just the bumper covers. We are about the cars from this particular era
    of Fox."

You are certainly within your rights to do what you want with your car, you just cant use the resources of
    this site to do it. But suffice it to say, there's far more to it than meets the eye.

Last edited by JACook; 10-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune