Close

Default SVO Switch panel in the Capri - plus videos

Been working on this project for a while and the actual switch panel has been done for a bit but finally got the rest of the interior buttoned up. I yanked some pillar gauge wires (by mistake) a while back so finally got them fixed...also, since I removed the info center I had to relocate the low fuel light. Finally found some small LED's I liked that ended up working out nicely. The other LED is my alarm light...not necessary at this point since it's not a DD but I wanted to keep it. You can see where I mounted it to the left of the radar detector. Stealthy and out of the way but visible to me.

I was able to find the SVO switches on ebay cheap - most of them (ended up getting 4 total) didn't even work and the harness was hacked so it worked out nicely. I re-built the switches (seen HERE in my write-up) and was able to use some of the old connectors.

I also added some switches inside the ashtray. When I first got the car (20 years ago - ha) I had my Bazooka tube switch in there...but wanted to add some others and clean it up so that became part of this project too.

Ok on to the pics...

This is the final product...you can see the new LED's just to the left of the radar detector. As mentioned just out of the way enough to not screw up the interior but perfectly visible by me.

Closer...

Here are the ashtray switches...

This is what I used to have in there...(also my line-loc switch...super hard to reach at the track...I've relocated that under the shift boot. perfectly accessible and invisible! lol. I also noticed that the nitrous outlet now sells a ashtray switch panel similar to mine...lol.

AND some car shots...freshly washed...

And to complete the thread some vids of me and Dad cruising a few weeks ago!

Me and Dad "cruising"

Quick holeshot...

Nice to be back and able to spend time with the car! haha.

FEP Member

Looks killer man.

Awesome, Mike!!!! You're very creative!! Good to see you back in the game!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Very nice. I used a trigger style starter bump switch for my line lock and it slides down between the seat and the console for easy access and easy to hide.

What are the boxes under the passenger side of the dash if you don't mind me asking.

Man that car is awesome.
    84 Mustang GT
    95 F150
    98 Ranger
    12 Escape
    94 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by jws4621 View Post
    Very nice. I used a trigger style starter bump switch for my line lock and it slides down between the seat and the console for easy access and easy to hide.

What are the boxes under the passenger side of the dash if you don't mind me asking.

Man that car is awesome.

Thanks! The one "box" (top) is the factory radar detector that the asc cars were equipped with from the factory. The "box" below that is my ignition retard box. When I use the nitrous that box will retard the timing however many degrees I have the dial set to.

Very nicely done!! Looks excellent. Your car is killer!!

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Gotta love attention to detail and subtle custom modifications.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Wow! That looks great Mike. Such a clean install that it looks like it came that way. Rest of the car looks as awesome as it always does.