Close

Default Do ford still sell directly replacement crate motor for 85 mustang ?

I just wonder, mabe some time in future I put in stock crate motor that directly replacement for my 85 gt, just plug and play without any mod.

nothing wrong with my motor now, I just plan ahead of time. Because this is the car I will plan on keep it for ever.
    Always Stay Humble. -Sinister-

Nope, long since obsolete from Ford. Back then one could only buy OTC short or long blocks.
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.

so what the least replacement that closer to stock type, that require little to no modification to make it work.

I heard that Jasper Engines has a program to completely refurb your engine so all the numbers will still match.... Not sure how much but I hear the do good work...
    Scott
    Picayune,MS 39466
    Torch Red 2004 Mach 1 Mustang
    Silver 85 GT
    Previous set up...
    306, Lunati flat tappet, Eddy Performer Heads, RPM intake, Holley 650DP, Shorty Headers, Flowmasters, 3.73, T5. 12.92 @109

Current set up,,,
    408w, Internally balanced Scat rotating assy, Comp Hyd roller, Brodix heads, eddy air gap RPM intake, PowerjectionIII EFI, Longtube 1-3/4 headers, Flowmasters, 3.55 Cobra 31 spline diff w/Moser axles, TKO 600 5spd, Mcleod dual disc street clutch... ET... Traction Limited 11.93 @120mph

Quote Originally Posted by jsfrv6 View Post
    I heard that Jasper Engines has a program to completely refurb your engine so all the numbers will still match.... Not sure how much but I hear the do good work...
    I will keep that in mind,

The closest engine that ford racing makes that would be a direct replacement for an 85 mustang would be the M-6007-X302D*. Mine did not come with the intake, dizzy and the water pump but otherwise it's the same. Bolt on your front drive gear from your old engine, your sensors and bolt it in.

I really like mine along with more power. You can also bolt up all your smog equipment if you want.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    The closest engine that ford racing makes that would be a direct replacement for an 85 mustang would be the M-6007-X302D*. Mine did not come with the intake, dizzy and the water pump but otherwise it's the same. Bolt on your front drive gear from your old engine, your sensors and bolt it in.

I really like mine along with more power. You can also bolt up all your smog equipment if you want.

Hi I google search the part # and it came out this http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...FSkA7AodMyUACA

is this the one ?

You can always take your numbers matching block to a machine shop and have them go through it when it gets tired and then reinstall it.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Hi I google search the part # and it came out this http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...FSkA7AodMyUACA

is this the one ?
    Yes that's the one.

1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB