Close

Thread: EBC Brake Kit?

Question EBC Brake Kit?

So my four eye really needs a new set of rotors and pads up front, I've been searching the net just looking at what I could get besides OE quality stuff and where, just for the curosity and ifo...

I came across two EBC brake kits, one a sport with upgraded rotors and pads and one just OE quality stuff. The part numbers are

EBC S2KF1045 for the upgrade kit and
    EBC S1KF1125 for the standard quality kit

Now what I am wondering is, has anyone ever heard of this kit or purchased it? I can't seem to find much info on it and the pictures don't show pads or rotors that would fit on a fox body, but yet all the sites that I check say it will fit my year/model car (1985 Mustang GT hatch)

I'd post a link but theres sites everywhere with the kit, so if you just copy and paste the numbers into google you'll see what I mean. Being I haven't heard/seen much about it I don't necessarily trust it, but can't really find any "hard evidence" that it wont fit my 'stang, unless I'm just glancing over something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
    -Chris
    -Chris

1985 Ford Mustang GT - 351W Swapped - 5 Speed

I cross checked them on Amazon and eBay, and it states they are for 83-86 Mustangs. Looks like a decent upgrade if you want to stay stock size.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Nothing wrong with EBC, they make quality parts.

IMHO, there's little benefit to the slotted rotors on the street. They look cool and they aren't a strength issue like the drilled rotors, but you probably wont' notice any improvement in braking.

Truthfully you can do the same thing with a set of quality aftermarket brake pads and quality front rotors. You can order Ford Motorcraft front rotors for your car from Rock Auto or any local Motorcraft or Ford dealer. Add to that a quality front brake pad such as Porterfield, Hawk, Performance Friction, etc. and you will see a huge improvement in braking over your standard AutoZone/Oreilly/Advance/etc parts store setup.

You can do the same in the rear with a set of aftermarket shoes from the same brands listed above. Most times a quality turning and truing of the rear drums and you are set. Don't forget that new rubber brake lines are a great addition due to age and wear on your vehicle and since they degrade from the inside out, it's hard to be sure they aren't bad even when they look ok.

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Nothing wrong with EBC, they make quality parts.

IMHO, there's little benefit to the slotted rotors on the street. They look cool and they aren't a strength issue like the drilled rotors, but you probably wont' notice any improvement in braking.

Truthfully you can do the same thing with a set of quality aftermarket brake pads and quality front rotors. You can order Ford Motorcraft front rotors for your car from Rock Auto or any local Motorcraft or Ford dealer. Add to that a quality front brake pad such as Porterfield, Hawk, Performance Friction, etc. and you will see a huge improvement in braking over your standard AutoZone/Oreilly/Advance/etc parts store setup.

You can do the same in the rear with a set of aftermarket shoes from the same brands listed above. Most times a quality turning and truing of the rear drums and you are set. Don't forget that new rubber brake lines are a great addition due to age and wear on your vehicle and since they degrade from the inside out, it's hard to be sure they aren't bad even when they look ok.

Good Luck!

Trey
    Thanks Trey for the reply...I am looking to get a little better braking performance out of my four eye with the stock size...I believe I'll go the route you're talking about though...really not trusting the EBC kit, just since I haven't heard or seen much of it. Thanks again!
    -Chris

1985 Ford Mustang GT - 351W Swapped - 5 Speed