Close

Default SVO intermediate brakeline

Hi guys! I'm upgrading the brakes on my SVO to SN95 cobra units front and rear. Previous owners have jacked up the brake lines so I ordered in new rear pieces to install. Everything is going well except the intermediate center flex line.

The new lines end up no where near where they are able to hook up to the center flex line (see pictures).

Did I receive lines from a t-bird? Or is there something else going on here? Do I need to bend these lines?

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_2959.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  117.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2958.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  114.8 KB

FEP Power Member

If you need the center brake line for a 85.5 or 86 svo here is what I have found out. You will need a brake line for 84-85 gt with duals. It will not be listed in the parts book for the svo. Reason is the 7.5 rear end. You can use the one for the 86 up but the bracket is a little longer because of the 8.8 rear.
    Kendal

It would have to be for an 85 GT, no 84 GT had duals.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    It would have to be for an 85 GT, no 84 GT had duals.
    I was telling him where I found it in the parts books.
    Kendal

Oh sorry. Yeah I should have known that you knew that!
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    If you need the center brake line for a 85.5 or 86 svo here is what I have found out. You will need a brake line for 84-85 gt with duals. It will not be listed in the parts book for the svo. Reason is the 7.5 rear end. You can use the one for the 86 up but the bracket is a little longer because of the 8.8 rear.
    So then by this info, I received the wrong brake lines? Or is there a manufacturer out there that makes the center flex line that I could buy and use? Any help would be appreciated!

FEP Power Member

Raybestos Part number BH38434

The metal lines you have may not be correct. It is hard to tell from the pics. I got several sets of metal ones that were incorrect. I had to send them back. They sent me 84 lines for the 86 and 86 lines for the 84. These were from Inline tube.

Looks like you have a very worn center line that is correct for the car.
    Last edited by KCoker; 09-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Kendal

Thanks Kendal. I got these from Classic Tube. After googling pictures of t-bird rear ends it looks like these were meant for those vehicles. I'm returning these back to the supplier. I've ordered in new ones from a different supplier. We'll see how this swap goes.