Close

Default 5 lug conversion

I have seen and read a lot of the articles about using the ford ranger front rotors and two left side axle shafts to convert over. My question is I have an 82 Capri factory 5.0. If I use the ranger rotors is it a direct fit and use the smaller rotors? The standard rotors for that 9"?? Or do I have to switch over to the larger diameter ones?

The next question is I have swapped out the 7.5 for an 8.8. The ranger shaft they say to use is for a 7.5"?? Are these the shafts I need?

I'm just trying to get away from buying a complete kit. Not to mention the ones I see are usually 87 and up. Thanks for the advise.

They're only 87 and up because that's when they switched to the 8.8. If you have an 8.8 then they are all same.

You've seen that I've done, I'm sure you can imagine what I'm about to do.

1986 is when V8 Mustangs got the 8.8. Axle shafts swap between 7.5 and 8.8 with no problem.

Your car being an 82, it should have 10" front brakes. That is the same as those Ranger rotors, but I think you have to have a little machining done to them so they don't rub the calipers.
    Last edited by Travis T; 09-17-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Thanks guys. I wasn't 100% sure. Wanted to double check before I ordered the parts.