Close

Default wanting to get back into an SVO

So i had a really rough SVO a while back early jalapeno red slapper bar car. turbo ended up locking up on me. i sold it on ebay since i couldnt find a replacement turbo at the time. needless to say the boost bug bit had. i had it pushing just under enough to keep the buzzer from sounding.

anyways fast forward to now. I have a line on a 1985 car that needs a motor for 2000$ it was running but had bad rings motor got torn down and its been sitting.

Are the Tbird/Merkur engine identical other than the turbos??

Car in question\/

Tbird and Merkur engines are identical, including the turbo on manual transmission cars. The exception to that is the 87-88 TC as it had an IHI turbo. If the cylinder walls are in good shape as well as the pistons, why not just see if you can get by with a re-ring job only?
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

thats a possibility. my buddy moved to florida and a shop quoted him an outrageous amount to sleeve. i think its around 60$ a hole here. which isnt too bad imho

That's cheap to sleeve, but that engine probably won't need that type of work done.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup