Close

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

originally posted by 85FLGTCONVRT

I feel fortunate that I live in a place where the top goes down in the winter and stays up in the summer.
    I know how you feel John, I was visiting my mom in Inverness in the late 80's and we would drive around in the 86 looking at Christmas lights with the top down.

originally posted by Aussie4eyed

Snowing over there - lol - we had 104 yesterday!!!
    Rubbing it in mate? 19 degs F here as I type. Had to brush 2 inches of snow off the Capri Friday morning on the way to work.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

great thread ,subscribing.I need to adjust my top.seems the whole top needs to "move forward" a little to seal the top othe windshield frame and the backs of the quarter windows.
    Nick. 86 vert GT,p-heads trick flow springs,explorer intake,off road H,super 44's,still speed density

Snowed here this week too. So looks like the car is parked for the winter . Time to start doing some work to it now.

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie4eyed View Post
    Snowing over there - lol - we had 104 yesterday!!!
    Oh sure................! LOL

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

That pic of the snow is making me feel a little cooler thanks Scotty.

We are in for a hot end to the week here with over 100 predicted for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
    Something to look forward to - NOT!
    Regards
    Gary

That pic of the snow is making me feel a little cooler thanks Scotty.

We are in for a hot end to the week here with over 100 predicted for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
    Something to look forward to - NOT!
    Man I wish you could send some of that warm air our way. It's in the 20s here. Brrrrrr

--86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Fixed the flat.....it had a nail. Fired her up and took her for a 10 mile drive. Noticed a area on the top where it looked like it was loose. Went over my notes that I took during install and it's a glue only area. I'll put the re-glue on my list of things to do before next summer.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Fixed the flat.....it had a nail. Fired her up and took her for a 10 mile drive. Noticed a area on the top where it looked like it was loose. Went over my notes that I took during install and it's a glue only area. I'll put the re-glue on my list of things to do before next summer.
    Coolness!! Glad to here it's back on the road. One glue issue is a good deal! Congrats!!

--Bill

Yeah, great effort Scotty, well done.

You're an inspiration
    Regards
    Gary

Okay vert fans I need some input. While on another thread here it has come up for question when the vert specific rear view mirror with integral lighting came about. My car was produced on 5/85 and shows a $55 dollar charge on the original window sticker for a lighting convenience group...not sure if the rear view lighting is part of that or not, but that included the hood and glove box lights. Do any of you 1983, 1984, and 1985 vert owners have the rear view mirror which has the added lights. Also in my research I noticed that the earlier vert specific rear view mirrors...mine included...were of course produced by Donnelly and have a half back height cover held on by two screws as seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-Ford-M...a7f8d2&vxp=mtr while the later model...87 up from what I can tell...have a full height cover with no screws as seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-Ford-M...ac1edc&vxp=mtr
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I can tell you my 84 LX does not have any lights on the mirror. I wish it did though.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

My 86 Gt vert had the lights in the mirror with the half cover. Just for FYI.

--Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Okay vert fans I need some input. While on another thread here it has come up for question when the vert specific rear view mirror with integral lighting came about. My car was produced on 5/85 and shows a $55 dollar charge on the original window sticker for a lighting convenience group...not sure if the rear view lighting is part of that or not, but that included the hood and glove box lights. Do any of you 1983, 1984, and 1985 vert owners have the rear view mirror which has the added lights. Also in my research I noticed that the earlier vert specific rear view mirrors...mine included...were of course produced by Donnelly and have a half back height cover held on by two screws as seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-Ford-M...a7f8d2&vxp=mtr while the later model...87 up from what I can tell...have a full height cover with no screws as seen here http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-Ford-M...ac1edc&vxp=mtr
    Not sure on the early verts but my 88 was ordered with the light group and has lights in the rear view, full cover and no screws. In any case there should be wiring there for the rear view with lights as most were done at the dealer. It's like I have all the wiring in mine for power seats even though I have manual seats.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Yes, my '85 has the interior lights under the mirror - rather snazzy I think.
    My Chrysler convertible (same year) doesn't have that feature.
    Regards
    Gary

Yes, my '85 has the interior lights under the mirror - rather snazzy I think.
    My Chrysler convertible (same year) doesn't have that feature.
    What is the production date of your car...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Sorry to be slow in replying. My car is a September 1985 car.
    Regards
    Gary

So how are those winter time mods coming folks? Been too cold in my garage to work but this week may get warm enough to get me working on the Vert again!!

--Bill

Same here but it looks like the next 10 days are supposed to be mid to upper 60's and even some 70's added in....I'm stoked for the nice weather and hopefully I can start making some forward progress again.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Great to see this thread revived.

Downunder we have had a great summer - useful rain and hot, BUT not stinking, hot days.
    GREAT convertible weather if you are a lucky owner.

Thanks for this thread
    Regards
    Gary

That's awesome! Here's hoping we have a similar summer here. Hope you got plenty of top down cruisin in.

--Bill

Yup, we did.

unfortunately not in my four eyed, as it won't be ready to take on the road until next year sometime.

Not a lot to do, but no time to do it ... life keeps on getting in the way! lol
    Regards
    Gary

FEP Power Member

Curious on what everyone here is using to bring back the luster on their black vinyl convertible tops, besides RaggTop and 303. Which seem to be dominating the convertible top market online.

My top is fairly new and has no damage but I'd like to freshen it up a bit. I've always just washed and dried it with the exception of the couple of times I used ArmorAll which looks good temporarily but attracts lint like a magnet.

So what's the latest on FEP on this?
    Name:  null_zps4025c69d.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  147.4 KB
    Original Member of 'The Anti-Cowl Hood Club' and 'The Ten-Hole Mafia'.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    What I have found out was that the lighted rear view mirror wasn't available until 1985. It wasn't an option on 83-84. Most 85 on Mustangs were pre wired for the light and have the plug for it under the windshield trim panel.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

got mine running finally, took a year of putting back together, i know its an aero, but hopefully next month i can post a video of my PC running

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...38028834286376

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast