Close

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by awakened View Post
    Slick and trick.....

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by 84BlueVert View Post
    At the pivot points on each side above the rear windows a pin broke. So now the connection arm that makes the front section of the roof that connects to the header fold must be manually folded. I have looked for replacement parts and pins with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find roof parts?
    Far as I know that will be a junkyard part, like the tiny little screws that hold the bows to the top listings. I've been thinking that if ever another Fox Vert gets to my Pick-n-Pull I'm going to buy the entire top mechanism for spare parts.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by awakened View Post
    There is a little hollow (mostly) space on each end of the light housing under the gasket. I cut back a post in that space used as the screw channel and used epoxy to place the magnets. I cut out clearance holes in the gasket to get the magnets as close as possible to the metal body panel. The magnets appear black in the one picture because I am using small black balloons over them for extra insurance that they don't scratch the paint.
    Very, very nice job. Done stealthily and effectively. Looks great.
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can find the plastic trims pieces that go behind the mirrors that anchor the window channel run weatherstrip (I don't know the name of the part) on my 1984?

Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 63roundbody View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can find the plastic trims pieces that go behind the mirrors that anchor the window channel run weatherstrip (I don't know the name of the part) on my 1984?

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom. -

Do you mean these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-T-To...9cd627&vxp=mtr
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post

Yes, those are the ones. Is that your listing? The auction has ended but, I'm going to email him and see if they are still for sale.

Thanks
    Tom

Yes, those are the ones. Is that your listing? The auction has ended but, I'm going to email him and see if they are still for sale.

Thanks
    Tom
    Nope -

Not mine. I did an eBay search because I remembered seeing them. The seller delisted them. Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-T-To...438059?vxp=mtr
    Bryan

Nope -

Not mine. I did an eBay search because I remembered seeing them. The seller delisted them. Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-T-To...438059?vxp=mtr
    Bryan,
    Thanks again, I saw that he relisted, made an offer and he accepted, they're on the way. Hope I can return the favor one day.

Thanks
    Tom

Never thought to search T tops.

Never thought to search T tops.
    I didn't either, they just came up as a related item. I was originally seaching for convertible trim, but came up empty. Once I started editing out search options, those came up. I remember seeing a pair of NOS trim pieces, but they didn't come up in my search. At least I found something that someone could use.
    Bryan

the conversation digressed a bit, but awakened's third brake light looks great. my only thing is i would want it to be slightly thicker, maybe two or 3 rows of light rather than one. either way its a great build idea. if you have the time.... i and i'm sure plenty others would appreciate a write up with a more in-depth chronicling of this project. if not its cool, i feel like i could figure it out already.

Quote Originally Posted by eight666lx View Post
    the conversation digressed a bit, but awakened's third brake light looks great. my only thing is i would want it to be slightly thicker, maybe two or 3 rows of light rather than one. either way its a great build idea. if you have the time.... i and i'm sure plenty others would appreciate a write up with a more in-depth chronicling of this project. if not its cool, i feel like i could figure it out already.
    I agree it is a very cool idea and I think other vert owners can benefit from this!! Good work!

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Unfortunately I didn't think about doing a write up so I didn't take pictures throughout the process. I will see what I can put together with the pictures that I have. I will at least list the materials I used and give the best written explanation possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 85stanggt View Post
    And if you stuck some magnets on the bottom, then you could actually remove it when you want and drop it in the trunk (shows, etc)
    Excellent idea!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

So I spent some time playing with the adjustments for my convertibles windows to get them to mush into the new weather-stripping I put in last summer.

I finally got it snug all around the weather stripping but while driving in the rain today when the rain got heavy I got a steady drip coming in off the convertible latch which is well inside the car.

I ran my finger around the edge of the window and the glass and rubber were perfectly dry, run my finger inside the latch handle and it came out wet.
    How is water intruding there?

Could water get through the top? Or in-between the crease in front of the windshield?

I know what it's like to try and track down a leak. Water sure likes to flow. I had a leak I thought was coming from one area but it was in another and traveled over about 6 inches before it came inside. I waited for a dry day and used a garden hose to simulate the rain. I then opened the top and saw where it was wet and found the leak.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    I know what it's like to try and track down a leak. Water sure likes to flow. I had a leak I thought was coming from one area but it was in another and traveled over about 6 inches before it came inside. I waited for a dry day and used a garden hose to simulate the rain. I then opened the top and saw where it was wet and found the leak.
    This morning I found the passenger door wet under the side view mirror lever, window weather stripping bone dry. I just dont see how water gets in these two spots.

Attachment 93341

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    This morning I found the passenger door wet under the side view mirror lever, window weather stripping bone dry. I just dont see how water gets in these two spots.

Attachment 93341
    Did you replace the windshield pillar post weatherstrip?

Bryan

That would be my guess as well.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Thanks for starting this thread, magnum517! Thanks to all for adding information!
    A nice red boot came with my car, but no bag. I'll try the boot on in the spring.

Here's a great article I found a while back with pictures showing the whole step-by-step top replacement procedure for '83-'93:

Replace A Fox-Body Convertible Top
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, magnum517! Thanks to all for adding information!
    A nice red boot came with my car, but no bag. I'll try the boot on in the spring.

Here's a great article I found a while back with pictures showing the whole step-by-step top replacement procedure for '83-'93:

Replace A Fox-Body Convertible Top
    Thank you and your welcome! And thank you for sharing that link. It is a great write up!

--86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Yes I sure did. All weather stripping from bumper to bumper has been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post

Attachment 93341
    Window up-stop adjustments?...
    Mike
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    Thank you and your welcome! And thank you for sharing that link. It is a great write up!

Mike
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Window up-stop adjustments?...
    I did play with the up stops 2 weeks ago trying to get the window to mush into the rubber. I'll check again as I have to replace the door speakers anyway

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast