Close

Threaded View

Another Convertible top question. Love this thread!

I've read thru all of the posts about the top not going all the way up. I even bought the Convertible top Manual.
    My problem is that the top does not reach the A-pillar. The pins are about 1/2" to 3/4" too far back and the top seems to stop moving about 2" too high (with the arms fully extended). I can hear the pump trying, but it seems to stop moving. I've loosened the 6 bolts and moved the frame forward as far as I can. I actually had to use a ratchet strap and pull it from the load bearing beam in my garage .
    To get it to latch, I loosened the hooks to the point where I can latch it and pushed the top down, but again the pins won't drop down into the receptacles. Yesterday, going down the road, the driver's side hook pulled out and scared the sh-t out of me! I was able to pull over and put the top down and was lucky I wasn't on the highway doing 70!
    Sounds like it needs to move forward 1/2" to 3/4" more and drop 2" more.
    Anyway, I know my top had been down for a good amount of time and I've read that leaving it in the sun will help, but sunlight is getting scarce now.
    Anyone know what else I can do to get this thing adjusted? Can I be low on fluid?
    Now that the temps outside make it a little chilly in the morning, I want to get the top up securely.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks Guys,
    Jules
    Last edited by jules; 09-18-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    '70 Mach I, Sold and Regret Every Second of it!!!
    '78 King Cobra, Sold
    '84-1/2 GT350 Vert. (My Latest Toy)