Close



Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 408
  1. #376

    Default

    Yeah I would say plastic man. Especially if it won't be in the UV very much.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #377

    Default

    My zipper has been fine btw for well over a year and I try to put the top down as much as possible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #378
    FEP Power Member magnum517's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Telford, Pa
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Thank you all for the input!! I greatly appreciate it very much!! Hoping to maybe buy the new top kit soon. Then maybe get it installed over the summer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

  4. #379
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Question for the vert guys. I have an 84 LX vert I replaced the top 2 summers ago.

    Im sorry that I didn't ask at the time for rear defrost glass be installed at the time. now I'm wondering if I can mod the set up by replacing the rear glass with rear defrost glass and replace the heater HVAC panel with one that has defrost function. Wire it up from rear to dash and tap into a live wire in the dash.

    Anyone done something lime this before? I tried searching online and I cant find rear glass defroster ready for any Fox let alone an 84.

  5. #380
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    EDIT- accidental double post.

  6. #381
    FEP Power Member magnum517's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Telford, Pa
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    I think some of the newer fox verts had rear defrost. Thinking 90 up. Know the tops are different so know you can't just swap the back window into an older top. I remember reading somewhere on one of the sites that someone did swap a newer top and frame onto their older fox Vert and used rear defrost. That's the only one I remember seeing done though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

  7. #382
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Question for fellow convertible owners.

    I had my vert at the interior shop 2 weeks back to adjust my top due to air leaks. I was told theres supposed to be internal springs that keep tension on the J hooks to keep them pointed towards the latch slot. Mine just hang loose.

    That's the second time Im being told the J hooks should have spring tension. First was the upholsterer that installed the top 2 summers ago.

    I found these replacement springs on LMR
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8393E3/must...on-spring-8393

    has anyone installed these and got the result I'm looking for?

  8. #383
    FEP Super Member Gemini1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    4,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    Question for fellow convertible owners.

    I had my vert at the interior shop 2 weeks back to adjust my top due to air leaks. I was told theres supposed to be internal springs that keep tension on the J hooks to keep them pointed towards the latch slot. Mine just hang loose.

    That's the second time Im being told the J hooks should have spring tension. First was the upholsterer that installed the top 2 summers ago.

    I found these replacement springs on LMR
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8393E3/must...on-spring-8393

    has anyone installed these and got the result I'm looking for?
    This photo of the top latch assembly should help:

    Bryan

    1983 Mustang GLX Convertible
    1984 Mustang Turbo GT Convertible

  9. #384

    Default

    I have seen very similar clips, used retain the stainless trim pieces that surround a front windshield or back glass on older vehicles. They maybe the same ones used to secure a Mustang front and rear glass trim surround....

  10. #385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awakened View Post
    Help with trunk liner hardware on 1986 GT convertible.

    What type of hardware is used here in the picture to hold the trunk liner on and where can I find it? I called LMR and they said that the eight plastic rivets are the only hardware needed. The rivets are in place but there are two spots just under the weather stripping (one on either side) where some other type of hardware is needed. There is a small raised post that lines up with a hole in the liner.






    not sure if they are correct, I have seem some with a clip, that is very similar to a clip, used to retain the stainless trim pieces that surround a front windshield or back glass on older vehicles. They maybe the same clips, used to secure the mustang front and rear glass trim surround....
    Last edited by G88; 04-20-2017 at 12:05 PM.

  11. #386
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    I found this shot of a 90 that shows a black clip. My 88 uses a sheet metal screw and a large washer.....LOL


    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow Daily Driver
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver Share with my Pop

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  12. #387
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    I found this shot of a 90 that shows a black clip. My 88 uses a sheet metal screw and a large washer.....LOL

    Is that an after market lining? It should fit into an 84 I assume. the size and shape are the same.

    Where did you get that may I ask?

  13. #388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    I found this shot of a 90 that shows a black clip. My 88 uses a sheet metal screw and a large washer.....LOL

    That is the clip I have seen used on many and that I have, and had found an extra one, under the trunk mat, presume to be left over from day or or other. Not sure yet which was correct, this type or the other one, as shown in a prior posting/image or if both were used at some point from 83-93...

  14. #389
    FEP Power Member BLK BRD 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Next to the Chimney
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    I am glad to see that this thread has been a success.
    Three years ago when it was started by "magnum 517" there was some concern that it wouldn't get much traffic.

    Thanks to all of you who help keep our foxy verts on the road!!!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

  15. #390
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    Sure looks like one of these clips......?

    http://www.cjponyparts.com/window-mo...FQeewAoda1MGBQ

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow Daily Driver
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver Share with my Pop

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  16. #391
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    I found this shot of a 90 that shows a black clip. My 88 uses a sheet metal screw and a large washer.....LOL

    Does anyone know where a trunk liner kit like this can be found?

  17. #392
    FEP Power Member smitty54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, Ma
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    The trunk liner was OEM on 85-93 Mustang convertibles. You can find it at a junk yard or occasionally on eBay or Craigslist. You can retrofit it for an 84 vert, as I have, but the back panel won't fit unless you make some modifications. I use only the front and 2 side panels and I also have the trunk mat out of a 92 LX. It makes a big difference.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-Mu...RWcL3Q&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by smitty54; 04-21-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

    Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    06 Ranger FX4
    68 Cougar XR7

  18. #393
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    The trunk liner was OEM on 85-93 Mustang convertibles. You can find it at a junk yard or occasionally on eBay or Craigslist. You can retrofit it for an 84 vert, as I have, but the back panel won't fit unless you make some modifications. I use only the front and 2 side panels and I also have the trunk mat out of a 92 LX. It makes a big difference.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-Mu...RWcL3Q&vxp=mtr
    Thanks. There are a few sets on ebay, kinda pricey for crusty look of the used ones but I now have a better ide how to locate a suitable set.

    Then I'll have to find the stock clips that has been the topic this week :-)

  19. #394
    FEP Power Member smitty54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, Ma
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    I've got 2 sides and a back panel if you are interested.The back panel as I mention would need modifications to fit.
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

    Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    06 Ranger FX4
    68 Cougar XR7

  20. #395
    FEP Power Member fgross2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeport NY
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    I want to add to the topic of repairing convertible latches I had brought up yesterday.

    I asked the local interior shop about replacing the springs and he told me, and showed me that my latches are worn badly and have been rigged. Theres a nut and bolt where a drift pin should be on one side. He gave me the url for a supplier he gets from and they have new repro latches for $110 each, compared to LMR charging $134 each. I bet LMR gets from them.

    I ordered a new set from this website http://www.hydroe.com/Ford-Mustang-C...ARTS-p-69.html

    After I swap them out I will install new springs in the old ones and take them to the local machine shop to see if they can be tightened up with dowel pins or bar stock.

  21. #396
    FEP Power Member magnum517's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Telford, Pa
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLK BRD 88 View Post
    I am glad to see that this thread has been a success.
    Three years ago when it was started by "magnum 517" there was some concern that it wouldn't get much traffic.

    Thanks to all of you who help keep our foxy verts on the road!!!
    Ron
    Yes thank you everyone for keeping this alive. I was hoping that this would be a great source for all myVert brothers and sisters to come for help and info. So far it seems to be working.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

  22. #397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    I want to add to the topic of repairing convertible latches I had brought up yesterday.

    I asked the local interior shop about replacing the springs and he told me, and showed me that my latches are worn badly and have been rigged. Theres a nut and bolt where a drift pin should be on one side. He gave me the url for a supplier he gets from and they have new repro latches for $110 each, compared to LMR charging $134 each. I bet LMR gets from them.

    I ordered a new set from this website http://www.hydroe.com/Ford-Mustang-C...ARTS-p-69.html

    After I swap them out I will install new springs in the old ones and take them to the local machine shop to see if they can be tightened up with dowel pins or bar stock.
    This is gold. Sweet, thanks man!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #398
    FEP Supporter webestang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    Yes thank you everyone for keeping this alive. I was hoping that this would be a great source for all myVert brothers and sisters to come for help and info. So far it seems to be working.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And thanks for letting me post vert stuff even though mine is an 88...........

    Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow Daily Driver
    1996 Crown Vic LX 4.6 Silver Share with my Pop

    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

  24. #399

    Default

    Not sure why the prior post did not attached, so it makes sense why I added an image...but here is an image of a new clip to secure the trunk covering ...Found this clip down in the trunk quarter panel well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by G88; 04-22-2017 at 03:26 PM.

  25. #400
    FEP Power Member smitty54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, Ma
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    Does anyone know where a trunk liner kit like this can be found?
    Check out the previous thread.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e-trunk-panels
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

    Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    06 Ranger FX4
    68 Cougar XR7

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •