Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1991 Lincoln Mark VII

I've ended up with too many vehicles, so something has to go.

'91 Lincoln Mark VII: Bill Blass Designer

The Good:

Clear title.
    Clear Carfax; report included.
    Current CA registration; daily driver.
    Passes CA emissions tests without any problems.
    Low miles; 116k.
    Loaded, with moonroof, self-dimming mirror, etc.
    HO engine runs great and gets decent mpg.
    Auto trans in great shape; shifts perfect.
    Upholstery is excellent and the whole interior is extremely clean.
    Air suspension works perfect.
    Teves antilock brake system works perfect.
    No rust.

The Bad:

AC is empty.
    Needs new outer dew wipes.
    Tires have decent tread, but they're old and should be replaced soon.
    Paint is old; has chips and touch-ups.
    Overall a straight-looking car, but has door dings and a small scraped/dented area towards the front of the right quarter; minor enough to not be visible in the pics, but noticeable up close.

$2300. Located in Grass Valley, California.

Last edited by arj; 12-16-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Very nice driver. Well worth the money.
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

Wish I had that interior in my 90 LSC, wow. Never seen one with the cloth insert in the seats.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Very nice! Wish it didn't cost a grand to ship a car from Cali to Detroit!
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    Very nice driver. Well worth the money.
    Mark VIIs definitely are comfortable for everyday driving, and they feel a bit more 'commanding' than a Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Wish I had that interior in my 90 LSC, wow. Never seen one with the cloth insert in the seats.
    The cloth inserts are the way to go, since the cloth is really durable and holds up far better than the self-destructing perforated leather.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmania View Post
    Very nice! Wish it didn't cost a grand to ship a car from Cali to Detroit!
    Shipping costs help keep us out of trouble though, right? I won't be surprised if no one wants to have it shipped, but I'll give the car a chance to find a new owner here, before I try CL.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

A week or two ago I ran the car through a CA smog test so that it would be ready to transfer to a CA buyer. It passed easily, and I posted it on Craigslist. No serious buyers though. So it's still for sale, with a small price drop to $2600.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

That looks like an extremely nice car for the price.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Would someone be willing to take a look at this car for me? This car looks AWESOME! We haven't started seriously looking yet, but my oldest just started working and is looking for a car of her own. This might be a good one for her to start with. Grass Valley is about an hour or so away from my Mom's place in Sacramento, so a weekend visit with her would an added bonus.

For the seller:
    A/C should be R134a, right? Why haven't you recharged the system?
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Wish I had room for this one... Always liked the LSCs.

Craig, the '91 LSC originally used R12, and had the same Springlock O-ring issues as Mustang.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by 75coug View Post
    That looks like an extremely nice car for the price.
    The car has some flaws, but it also has a lot going for it. It's just unfortunate that Mark VIIs (along with most other Lincolns) are typically overlooked and unappreciated. If I were selling a same-year Mustang (a lesser car) in the same condition, with the same mileage and price, it would be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post
    Would someone be willing to take a look at this car for me? This car looks AWESOME! We haven't started seriously looking yet, but my oldest just started working and is looking for a car of her own. This might be a good one for her to start with. Grass Valley is about an hour or so away from my Mom's place in Sacramento, so a weekend visit with her would an added bonus.

For the seller:
    A/C should be R134a, right? Why haven't you recharged the system?
    Though I naturally would like to sell the car, I don't know about it being a first car for a young person. IMO, one of the biggest reasons why there aren’t a lot of older Lincolns on the road is because they require a DIY owner. So if your daughter is planning to independently handle her own service/repair needs via an auto service shop, then this probably is not the car for her. On the other hand, if you're going to be in charge of keeping her car in order, then it could work out well.

Like JACook mentioned, the AC is R12. It would need to first have the leaks pinpointed and repaired, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up needing more than just O-rings. Then the refill would require the more-costly R12 refrigerant. And since I don't use AC much anyway, I haven't gotten around to dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    Wish I had room for this one... Always liked the LSCs.
    Me too, but I like the designer model more.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. Yes, I would be in charge in the vehicle maintenance for her, but she would need to take care of things once she's graduated college and out on her own. Maybe I better let her start looking for something she'd be comfortable in for when I'm not around. I'll discuss it with my daughter, but I think she'll want to look for something a little closer to home for her first car. That is great-looking car, too. GLWS.

I need to round up some R-12 one of these days for my Ghia, after I rebuild the engine.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    Build Thread

Definitely have to be a DIY type of person to own one of these. They have problems because of age, but if you're patient and don't mind doing a little research, most of it can be fixed inexpensively, like the air suspension. When you understand it, it's stupid simple, but most people run away from it because they've heard the horror stories of the cost to fix it. I'm glad I took the time to figure it out and didn't just do a spring conversion.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    ...Craig, the '91 LSC originally used R12, and had the same Springlock O-ring issues as Mustang.
    Thanks, Jeff. Do I need a special tool to disconnect/reconnect the springlocks? I'm going to have to something with my Ghia's A/C system one of these days.
    Build Thread

Many responses to my Craigslist ad, but nobody shows up. So it's still for sale; $2500.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Definitely have to be a DIY type of person to own one of these. They have problems because of age, but if you're patient and don't mind doing a little research, most of it can be fixed inexpensively, like the air suspension. When you understand it, it's stupid simple, but most people run away from it because they've heard the horror stories of the cost to fix it. I'm glad I took the time to figure it out and didn't just do a spring conversion.
    You're right. And I hope that the car's next owner will have an outlook like yours.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

It is just wrong that a car that looks this good can't find a buyer. This just confirms that I will have mine forever.
    Robert

1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

I would love to own it!! I miss the 88 I had. But again, I am in MI and shipping would kill it for me. I hope it finds a good home!!
    1982 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 78Z7 View Post
    I would love to own it!! I miss the 88 I had. But again, I am in MI and shipping would kill it for me. I hope it finds a good home!!
    Me too. I want it, but last car I shipped from CA cost $1100!!
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Yep, the days of shipping a car from either coast to my place in Texas for $600 are over. It makes it tougher to take a chance on a long-distance purchase.
    Robert

1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

In a perfect world, I'd have my helicopter pilot license and own my own CH-47 Chinook. I would be able to transport any car I wanted to wherever I wanted all while enjoying a cup of coffee.

That could be me in one of the front seats, on my way to deliver another vehicle to another happy customer.
    Build Thread

Have you tried eBay? I see nice ones go for pretty good money there. I've seen some not quite that nice sell for more money around where I am. One thing I hate about mine is cosmetically it is horrendous but mechanically it's pretty solid and it will never be worth restoring when you can buy one as nice as this white one.

FEP Member

Try montway.com for a shipping quote. I've used them twice now and they have been cheaper than the last three I've used and the service has been good. U-ship also is a good outlet for shipping. As most companies look there to fill loads and a lot of times you can get on the truck cheap.

I haven't tried eBay; just Craigslist and here. I'm going to put it out there that $2400 feels like the lowest that I should take, so the price is now $2400.

And like we've heard before about rust vs. shipping, anyone living in a rust area and thinking about shipping should consider that the transporter would be dropping off a rust-free car.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

A while back I lowered my CL ad price to $2300 firm, and still no sale; nothing but flakes who make plans and don't show up. So after having the car for sale for three months and not having anyone take it off my hands for $2300, I'm about ready to just plan on keeping it.

With that said though, and in spite of the fact that I would rather have fewer vehicles, I might want to trade for a Capri or Mustang. It's unlikely that anyone on FEP who would want to trade would also be close enough to make it happen, but who knows. So if you have a Capri or Mustang that you might want to trade, let me know.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast