Close

Thread: 1985 Mustang GT

Default 1985 Mustang GT

I have way too many projects and time has come to let some go. I have a 1985 Mustang GT that I picked up from the original owner some time ago and it has been sitting in my shop ever since. Medium canyon red metallic, grey interior, manual windows and locks, no cruise, and a solid top car ( no sunroof or t-tops). It has AC and rear defrost. It is pretty much unmolested, which is why I bought it, original except for a SSBC rear disc conversion, an old set of Ford Motorsport lowering springs, GR2 shocks and struts, and subframe connectors. Most of these aftermarket parts have been on the car since it was about new. I have the window sticker, and what appears to be the build sheet and assembly line sheet, and the metal key replacement tags...pretty much if it came with the car new I have it. The interior is in great shape except for a dash cover and a console lid cover. It needs paint and a hood. It has hickory nut damage, no kidding. The rear main seal has started slowly leaking I noticed last time I moved it out of the shop. still has the original clutch and exhaust. Underneath the car is clean and straight. $3000. This would be an excellent candidate for restoration or a good driver. Located in N AL. Text or call 404-213-1994.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  49.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  64.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Also has a set of caster/camber plates. I've tried to describe the car as it sits.I'll get some more pictures of the car outside as well as the trunk and underneath. Doesn't look like the spare and jack have ever been used.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 70BOSS302; 08-26-2014 at 10:24 PM.

I am not interested in buying the car, but I would like to see large images of the build sheet, window sticker, door tag, and buck tag, and the owner card if available. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

wow, beautiful car. good luck with the sell

I can get those pics for you FoxChassis. I'll put them on here tonight/tomorrow.

If there's no major rust issues, thats a steal.... Beautiful car!
    Scott
    Picayune,MS 39466
    Torch Red 2004 Mach 1 Mustang
    Silver 85 GT
    Previous set up...
    306, Lunati flat tappet, Eddy Performer Heads, RPM intake, Holley 650DP, Shorty Headers, Flowmasters, 3.73, T5. 12.92 @109

Current set up,,,
    408w, Internally balanced Scat rotating assy, Comp Hyd roller, Brodix heads, eddy air gap RPM intake, PowerjectionIII EFI, Longtube 1-3/4 headers, Flowmasters, 3.55 Cobra 31 spline diff w/Moser axles, TKO 600 5spd, Mcleod dual disc street clutch... ET... Traction Limited 11.93 @120mph

Very nice car by the look of it. Did I miss the odometer reading? GLWS

I am in DC for work right now guys. I'll get some more pictures of the car this weekend outside when I get back home. its no show queen buts it's a solid, honest car. Pretty sure it has 108,xxx on it.

Guys here's the deal, I fly in from DC tonight and have some Memorial Day plans with the family.,I will be back at home Sunday and will have a lot more pics of the car outside. If there are any question fell free to call me at 404-213-1994.

Man I want to get into another 85/86 GT. This would be so perfect. Let's see if I can sell my other car before you sell this one.

FEP User

I need to borrow this car so I can get mine together. Lol. Very nice car.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

New User

Quote Originally Posted by 70BOSS302 View Post
    Guys here's the deal, I fly in from DC tonight and have some Memorial Day plans with the family.,I will be back at home Sunday and will have a lot more pics of the car outside. If there are any question fell free to call me at 404-213-1994.
    Hi, I texted you but got no response. I am interested in the car, thanks man.

Bill

where are you located?
    1986 Mustang Coupe
    1991 Mustang GT
    1978 Malibu carbed 6.0 LSx
    2002 Trans-am WS-6

Text message sent. Looks like a great starting point.
    Current Ride:
    2007 silver Ridgeline RTL

Past Rides:
    1985 black 2.3 auto Capri
    1989 black GT
    2000 laser red 3.8 5-speed Mustang

Future Ride:
    85/86 GT or Fox Notch or Any Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 04gixxer6 View Post
    Text message sent. Looks like a great starting point.
    This looks like the right car for the right price. Bring that back to Columbus

The owner replied to my text and said he decided to keep the car.
    Current Ride:
    2007 silver Ridgeline RTL

Past Rides:
    1985 black 2.3 auto Capri
    1989 black GT
    2000 laser red 3.8 5-speed Mustang

Future Ride:
    85/86 GT or Fox Notch or Any Cobra

FEP Member

Yeah, I had a long conversation with him and we were going to meet up but he never called back. Was looking forward to this car but when you get a good one then you need to keep it.

Sorry for going off the grid. I decided to keep the car. I bought a silver/black interior coupe but the deal fell through last minute. Since I can't find a nice coupe I'm going to keep this car since it's so solid.

I think that's a good idea. $3K for this car was a STEAL...I'm glad to hear you are keeping it. To be honest, it's a perfect hatch. Great color combo, amazing history and documentation, day two mods, and perfect options (no power, no cruise, with Ac...perfect). IMO that combo will bring more money down the line...just like original muscle cars from the 60's with Ac and low or no option Muscle Cars. Personally I wish my car didn't have pw and pl because they are a pain and who needs them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're keeping this one.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Locking this one up since the car is no longer for sale.