Close

Default Added a New Pony to the Stable

So I've been kicking around getting a 2010-up GT for a while now. I really love the look, the handling, and the power of these, but they've been a little out of my price range. I noticed the 10's were getting more affordable, so I decided to take a look at one. I really wanted a 2011-2012 5.0 6 spd, but they're just still a little too high. And I said if I get the 10, it at least has to have the track pack (3:73's, GT500 suspension bits, carbon fiber clutch LSD, and 19" wheels with 255/40s). The one I found is a black premium 5 spd with the custom interior, track pack, and NAV pkg. The test drive was impressive. Real smooth power delivery, and the 315 hp felt like more than enough. So I made the deal and here she is...
    Name:  IMG_6383.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  148.2 KBName:  IMG_6475.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  176.6 KBName:  IMG_6477.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  145.8 KB
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 84 GT. I really don't want to sell it, but I might have to. Space is tight at my place for 4 cars.
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Sweet New to you Ride!

Congrats!

As for the 84 DON'T Sell it! Look at other options to hang on to it. Finding good quality examples is getting harder and harder every day! Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Nice!!!!!!!

Very awesome. I had a 2010 GT and still consider it the best car I've ever owned. They sound great, clutch feels great, gearbox feels great and everything is durable as hell. Love the track pack look without the spoiler. Enjoy it!

I regret trading mine on a 14 GT. What junk that car was.

Congrats on the new ride.

But as Trey said, hold on to the 84. If you sell it, you'll have regrets down the road.....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Once you smack the 10’s around for a while they lose some of their appeal. Some of the tech they have subtracts from the experience after a while. Yes they are fast and quick and help you do that but they lose the thrills that come from requiring real driving talent to go fast well like is required in a Fox. That’s my experience from driving multiple GT350s and GT500’s a lot of 4.6 and 5.0 rentals then going home and getting in my 86. to each their own and absolutely enjoy! But I agree, keep the four eyed fox.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Once you smack the 10’s around for a while they lose some of their appeal. Some of the tech they have subtracts from the experience after a while. Yes they are fast and quick and help you do that but they lose the thrills that come from requiring real driving talent to go fast well like is required in a Fox. That’s my experience from driving multiple GT350s and GT500’s a lot of 4.6 and 5.0 rentals then going home and getting in my 86. to each their own and absolutely enjoy! But I agree, keep the four eyed fox.
    Next time you drive one tap the traction control button. Next put your foot down on the brake and hold down the traction control button for about 5 seconds or so until you get a message saying something along the lines of ADVANCETRAC OFF. Congrats, you are now driving a true muscle car.

Understood and don’t get me wrong...... the hammer was dropped very hard and of course who doesn’t know how to turn off traction control. Enjoy.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. It really is a fun car. Funny thing is, I can definitely feel the DNA of the fox body in this car. It has a 5 spd and 3.73s in an 8.8 rear just like my 84. Its fairly open and airy with good visibility like a fox (but not as open and airy). And as mentioned, you can turn off the stability and traction and hang the back out just like a fox. Biggest difference is the smoothness of the 4.6 and the nice shifter. I doesn't have the rough and tumble sound/feel of the 5.0, but it does make a nice growl over 3k rpm. Obviously the handling and comfort is way better than 80s tech.

I grew up on rwd muscle cars sans traction and braking aids, so I don't need to worry about now having a car with those things make me suddenly not know how to drive. This is just more of the same to me.

Still trying to figure out the 84 thing. I am emotionally attached to that car, and I know selling it will hurt.
    Last edited by vxr500; 06-14-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI View Post
    Very awesome. I had a 2010 GT and still consider it the best car I've ever owned. They sound great, clutch feels great, gearbox feels great and everything is durable as hell. Love the track pack look without the spoiler. Enjoy it!

I regret trading mine on a 14 GT. What junk that car was.

What was wrong with the 14 compared to the 10?
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Picked up a new set of Falken 255/40s and Koni struts with GT500 strut mounts to go in this weekend. Let the games begin!
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

FEP Senior Member

I drove my s197 to the American Muscle show this past weekend. Very enjoyable, especially the great Shaker stereo and XM radio. Enjoy your new car, looks great. 1 year only combo there.