Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Alrite as I dig around here looking for pics, I found this one and I thought you guys might like it. My old four eyed girl snarling at a fake shinoda........before there was shinoda. The red one has a worked lightning engine and turbo coupe anti-lok brakes. I really miss that car, bought it with a 2.3 blew up a Clevelend at Atco with her and then wrecked her down the beach. this is what she looked like after all thatName:  80 COBRA 6.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  79.0 KB

Wow this is mighty ambitious but I really dig it. Doesn't look like you'll have much room to sit though. Unless you move the seating area further forward. Why not you're basically reworking the whole thing anyhow! I'm guessing a fuel cell will go where the engine was?
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Due to the Corvette having a transverse leaf spring which is not tunable at all, I decided to convert to coil overs all around. Out come the gauges grinders and welder again to install these newly acquired Afco M2 shocks. These units were bought on Ebay for 750 and are from an Arca car. Hhhmmm should do just fine as pdaft coil overs are ........**** I can't count that high!!! I stayed up front first (the car was turned that way and Im lazy) Here's what happenedName:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  100.0 KBName:  ry=400.jpg
Size:  23.7 KBName:  ry=480.jpg
Size:  36.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
    Wow this is mighty ambitious but I really dig it. Doesn't look like you'll have much room to sit though. Unless you move the seating area further forward. Why not you're basically reworking the whole thing anyhow! I'm guessing a fuel cell will go where the engine was?
    I've sat in it a few times now. The seat is a bit close to the wheel but I don't think I really want to get my lean on in this car. I'm fairly certain I want to be up on the wheel when driving this!! The front is slated to get a fuel cell, hopefully inside my intercooler tank (just dreaming) wouldn't that be nice though? The bat, rad, intercooler tank and some other items will go up front

Blog Entries

That is what I like to call a metric sh@#t ton of work. It is taking me forever to get some simple body mods and paint done. You are a brave and slightly masochistic man. Looking forward to progress.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

When going to the back from coil overs, I was met with yet another challenge. The lower mounts on a Corvette arm are rubber bushings (they cause stiction and are not good for road racing.....so Im told). Even the over-priced pdaft "race" shocks kept these bushings in place. I call lame on that so here's what I developed. Lower bushung inserts that were then machined to accept real race spherical rod ends. I may need to install 2" extensions on the end at the bottom due to possible interference with the cv shaft so I have not finished the top mount, there are collars that will get welded into the top mount.Name:  lower are 3.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  32.6 KBName:  lower arm 1.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  18.4 KBName:  lower arm 2.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  33.5 KBName:  new frame mount2.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  26.9 KBName:  new frame mounts1.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  29.8 KB

I have to agree with Tom's comments. You have one really cool car that you are building.

I saw the car at the AM show and talked to you for a minute. At first I saw it from a distance and the car seemed to be drawing a lot of attention. Curiosity made me decide to walk over and see it up close. I'm really glad that I did. Sometimes the cars that are a work in progress are the most intriguing ones and are the ones you remember most from a show. I will be following your build. Thanks for sharing.
    Rob

Yikes snow for you already? ???

Buy the way this build is going to be amazing! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Yikes snow for you already? ???

Buy the way this build is going to be amazing! !!!
    Haha no snow yet!!! That pic was like three years ago.
    Thanks for your comment

This car should be bad ass. More progress please.
    '85 1E GT ~ Terminator swap in progress

Project name: LO DOLLAR GT

After the GT Super car

Last edited by conmech; 08-26-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Subscribing! Great work so far!
    Chris

Had
    Too many that I wish I'd kept!

Have
    69 Mach 1 "M" Code
    82 GT 308(my 1st stang)
    82 GT T-top (a new beginning) Rebuild Thread
    71 Torino GT

As I moved forward, it was time for Carlisle and I believe it was 2011 and I went for the weekend. I wasn't really looking for anything specific, just anything that I may trip over that worked for me. I found this guy who had an 02 dash and he was stuck on his price of I believe 200. I rolled the dice and walked away. When I came back through late in the day, I talked to him again and got him to 75. My guess is he didn't want to pack it up again. So I came home that year with an 02 dash I was looking at and one in the back seat. I liked the idea of that dash due to it being all plug and play electronics as I have a complete body harness for an 04 Cobra and that would make my life easier to light everything up. Now going with the coyote engine, the dash plan is a little less exciting. Meat and potatoes, the part you see fits between the doors. the framework was another point. I needed to make it solid in a place where it was never intended to be. measure,measure ,measure, cut grind weld. boom we have a (imo) better looking dash that works with obdII. Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  92.1 KB
    Im sorry I don't have any pics while doing that job. I sometimes loose focus!!
    current : 2002 GT with terminator swap
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom
    2007 TL type S (beater car)
    previous: 80 Cobra,86 GT (learned GT= great times) 93 Lightning,85 Capri RS, 73 coupe, 72 fastback, 3 turbo coupes

Fell into a what I call a find when searching on craigslist. I got these seats with adjuster frames for an 02 ( hard to believe right?) . Got them for 600 and with a few mods to go over my subframe connectors that are inside, they went right in and are amazing, unless you drive in them for 200 miles. I used them in my 02 for a few summers. made the whole car feel different in a good way. like you were in it instead of on it!! Only bit@# is you feel the springs after awhile. My buddys dad does high end interiors so my wheels are turning on this. They look like a Cobra snake when ready to fight, why not give them some reall cool upholstery? Like snake skin or something. I don't know .....insert opinions here. Name:  new seaets.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  28.6 KBName:  new seats2.jpg
Size:  24.6 KB
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom
    previous: 80 Cobra,86 GT (learned GT= great times) 93 Lightning,85 Capri RS, 73 coupe, 72 fastback, 3 turbo coupes

I found this wildwood big brake setup on ebay for 500 bucks but the one caliper was damaged during the wreck of the vette that gave it up. Basically, the hose was broken of the backside of the caliper. I made a plug, milled off the damaged part and welded the newly machined surface to the back of the caliper. It works but I think I may invest in a new caliper just before I climb on the brakes at the end of a long straight away. I thing they sell singles for around 300.
    Name:  ry=400.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  23.7 KB
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom

Subscribing, Your ride looks great and you are doing an amazing job on it

Mike1157

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedgirlsdoitbetter View Post
    Fell into a what I call a find when searching on craigslist. I got these seats with adjuster frames for an 02 ( hard to believe right?) . Got them for 600 and with a few mods to go over my subframe connectors that are inside, they went right in and are amazing, unless you drive in them for 200 miles. I used them in my 02 for a few summers. made the whole car feel different in a good way. like you were in it instead of on it!! Only bit@# is you feel the springs after awhile. My buddys dad does high end interiors so my wheels are turning on this. They look like a Cobra snake when ready to fight, why not give them some reall cool upholstery? Like snake skin or something. I don't know .....insert opinions here. Name:  new seaets.jpg
Size:  28.6 KBName:  new seats2.jpg
Size:  24.6 KB
    I know what you're talking about, but you'd have to walk a pretty conservative line w/ regard to using snake skin in a pattern on the seats. I'm sure that it could be done in a cool way, but if it turns out less so, I'd liken that to any airbrush work on any car. Cheesy.
    I asked you on the original thread how you were planning on partitioning the engine off.
    Last edited by Mike1157; 08-27-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Oh I'm sorry Mike, kinda missed that. My thoughts are to first make the firewall solid from the main bar to the b-pillar. With regard to the middle part, I wanted to make a solid piece from the floor to the harness bar (not installed yet) and above that bar do a piece that will have Lexan in it. Just so were able to see traffic behind us of course
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom

Should I continue? I don't want to bore anyone
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom

Mike1157

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedgirlsdoitbetter View Post
    Should I continue? I don't want to bore anyone
    Trust me, You ain't boring anyone.

Keep the pictures coming.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Not boring at all.
    1986 Ford Mustang GT-

Not much stock stuff left
    347 NA power, CNC ported heads, Extrude honed Trick Flow Intake, Custom Cam
    Suspension, custom k- member, TQ arm/pan hard rod... Much more
    Restored and ready to race, made to go fast while cornering

1981 Mustang GT-

Old SCCA A-Sedan National Champ car
    In the middle of rebuild

1986 LX Sedan-

Plans to be determined...

"Every day I learn how much I don't know"

So were getting closer to being current on this project. I had a long time dealing with some more important facets in life and the car sat in a few different garages for about a yea. My sister died from cancer (I hate our government for keeping us from the cure). I had trouble getting motivated for anything really. I'm sure all of you have been affected by the terrible disease and you would probably agree it sucks badly having to sit by and do nothing. Ok, enough of that. In an effort to get some exposure and try to possibly work towards some sponsorship, I brought the car to Maple Grove for the American Muscle show. I was blown away by the interest by the people there. All day long, talking to hundreds of Mustangers. I met some really great people that day as well as having an awesome time with my oldest son. We needed that for sure!! Never got to talk to Foose as I believe he didn't get out of his booth and I wasn't waiting an hour to talk to him. But I did talk to Vaugn Gitton jr briefly and he said he would drive this thing when done. I hope he meant it. Anyway, here we were.Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  169.7 KB
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom

After doing the Maple Grove show, I was sort of re-energized for this build and I want to thank everyone I spoke with. Sometimes one needs motivation from others in order to move forward. I am moving forward one again!! Originally, I was planning on doing all the body work in fiberglass but after starting down that road and building framework to make a plug I had a change of opinions. I want the car in black and fiberglass cracks and I have no clue about how to work with it. I was also unsuccessful in acquiring any help whatsoever so I am doing it in a material I do know a bit....Steel. Ironically, I was walking in the supermarket when it hit me. I can make any shape I want to using a shopping cart process. I actually got this done last night.Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  83.1 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  76.9 KBName:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  52.4 KBName:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  58.6 KBName:  photo 5.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  50.5 KB
    Can you see it? In case anyone is wondering, I am loosely following the shape of the IMSA Mustang from 86. We are here now in the present and I will post any updates as they happen. I am still interested in any help I can get with this project so if anyone is close enough and wants to be involved just send word. Also, I welcome any constructive criticism or ideas you may have. I'm a big boy I can take it!! Thanks for following, it means a lot to me.
    1986 LX t-top
    2002 F150 FX4
    1998 R1 custom

I like it alot, which transaxle are you gonna use?
    Paul
    Ask me about my fuel injector cleaning service...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast