Close

Thread: 1984 Mustang GT

Default 1984 Mustang GT

I have a stock mostly original 1984 Gt with 106,xxx actual miles. It has a 302 (5.0) motor and a 5 speed trans. It has been painted one time in the mid 90's. It has been garage kept its whole life and only driven on nice days. I am the 3rd owner of the car. It don't have the smog stuff on it now but I have it to go with the car when sold. Info as follows:

* New original style TMI seat upholstery ($425)
    * 8.8 rear end with new Richmond 4.10 gear.
    * New Flowmaster mufflers with new tailpipes
    * 4 barrel Edelbrock carb ( have rebuilt original to go with car)
    * MSD distributor cap ( have original)
    * Factory fog light car ( have original covers too)
    * Car has all power options and everything works ( even the door locks)
    * Cold air
    * Hot heat
    * Centerline wheels
    * Have original owners manual and warranty info when bought new from Bob Dunn Ford in Greensboro.
    * Original keys
    * Have original TRX (metric) wheels and tires that came on car.
    * Have build sheets from when car left the factory
    * Clean and clear NC title
    * ZERO rust
    * Adult owned and driven
    * New water pump
    * New brakes all the way around/ drilled and slotted rotors
    * New clutch and pressure plate

I am selling this car to free up some money to finish my other Mustang. It needs nothing, I drove it to Charlotte NC for the Mustang 50th Anniversary in April (2hrs one way) and to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week in July ( 4 hrs one way) with no problems at all. I would drive it anywhere. I may take trades on other Mustangs but would rather sell straight out. I'm asking $6,700 or best reasonable offer. You won't find many this original or nice. If you are interested contact me at 336-520-5201 for faster response. Thanks

Cant get pic to upload but the CL link is:
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4629411541.html

Located in eden NC
    Last edited by Joestang; 08-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.

That is one sweet GT...Not wild about the wheels but thats just me...
    Scott
    Picayune,MS 39466
    Torch Red 2004 Mach 1 Mustang
    Silver 85 GT
    Previous set up...
    306, Lunati flat tappet, Eddy Performer Heads, RPM intake, Holley 650DP, Shorty Headers, Flowmasters, 3.73, T5. 12.92 @109

Current set up,,,
    408w, Internally balanced Scat rotating assy, Comp Hyd roller, Brodix heads, eddy air gap RPM intake, PowerjectionIII EFI, Longtube 1-3/4 headers, Flowmasters, 3.55 Cobra 31 spline diff w/Moser axles, TKO 600 5spd, Mcleod dual disc street clutch... ET... Traction Limited 11.93 @120mph

Love this car seen it at MW
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Joestang View Post
    I have an original survivor 1984 Gt with 106,xxx actual miles. It has a 302 (5.0) motor and a 5 speed trans. It has been painted one time in the mid 90's.

* New original style TMI seat upholstery ($425)
    * 8.8 rear end with new Richmond 4.10 gear.
    It looks like a very nice car, but I personally don't think that it classifies as an "original survivor" car. It has been repainted, interior replaced and the drivetrain is no longer original.

To me an "original survivor" car has its born with drivetrain, original interior and most of it's original paint.
    Last edited by 70b302cat; 08-24-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 70b302cat View Post
    It looks like a very nice car, but I personally don't think that it classifies as an "original survivor" car. It has been repainted, interior replaced and the drivetrain is no longer original.

To me an "original survivor" car has its born with drivetrain, original interior and most of it's original paint.
    I understand what your saying, but the only thing changed on the drivetrain is the 7.5 rear end that most people do away with. As far as the interior after 30 years it was time for a new set, and paint the mid 90's was roughly 20 years ago. Not trying to be a jerk but a don't think calling it a survivor car is stretching it too much. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkchmr View Post
    Love this car seen it at MW
    Thanks! Surprised you noticed mine out of all the mustangs there lol. Yours is very nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by jsfrv6 View Post
    That is one sweet GT...Not wild about the wheels but thats just me...
    Thanks! I would love to put the original wheels back on it but the metric tire price is no joke.

I wouldn't call it a survivor either, but it is an amazing Mustang. A survivor is 100% original, it's "survived" all these years without any changes. It really doesn't matter one way or the other for this car. It's so nice that the work that was done doesn't detract from the car at all, but it does take it out of the survivor catagory. I'm not trying to be difficult and I apologize if it comes off that way, but a car can only be original once and it can only truely be a survivor if nothing has ever been done to it.

Good luck with the sale. It's an awesome car and it shouldn't take long for it to find a new home. I would be proud to put it in my garage.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I changed my description to "stock mostly original" hopefully this is a more accurate. Sorry for the misclassification. And thanks for the compliments, hopefully it will go to a good home.