Close

FEP Supporter

Default 1983 GLX Convertible in the JY

It was 1/3 off this weekend but they had been real dry on foxes for a couple of months. I checked for the heck of it because of the sale and had a hit. It looks like it had sat outside for a bit as the interior didn't seem like the right color (faded). Talking to a guy there, someone had been there the day before and took the DS glass. Too bad he spread the top of the door to get it out. Factory carb and intake still on it also. With the dash pad missing, I wonder if it was still a nice one? Here it is:

Name:  IMG_5958 (Medium).JPG
Views: 335
Size:  151.8 KBName:  IMG_5960 (Medium).JPG
Views: 333
Size:  142.6 KBName:  IMG_5961 (Medium).JPG
Size:  147.6 KBName:  IMG_5962 (Medium).JPG
Size:  142.4 KBName:  IMG_5963 (Medium).JPG
Size:  116.5 KB
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 08-17-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

FEP Supporter

These windsheilds are different than coupes and HB's right?

Name:  IMG_5959 (Medium).JPG
Views: 339
Size:  136.6 KBName:  IMG_5968 (Medium).JPG
Views: 332
Size:  107.8 KB

Yes, convertible windshield is unique to the convertible body (except ascMcLaren).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Yes, convertible windshield is unique to the convertible body (except ascMcLaren).
    Too bad, it looked pretty good and I've been looking for a Carlite replacement.

get that rear bumper cover and under hood harness
    Last edited by tonysilver82; 08-17-2014 at 01:22 PM.

I hope the OP is at the J/Y now picking parts, LOL. Rust free trunk lid, appears to be an EXTREMELY nice rear bumper, what appears to be nearly perfect T top/ Vert doors - You can bend the driver's side back unless he actually cut it. Tail lights, complete set of passenger side molding which is Un-Obtainable.
    Nice find.
    Last edited by homer302; 08-17-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I hope the OP is at the J/Y now picking parts, LOL. Rust free trunk lid, appears to be an EXTREMELY nice rear bumper, what appears to be nearly perfect T top/ Vert doors - You can bend the driver's side back unless he actually cut it. Tail lights, complete set of passenger side molding which is Un-Obtainable.
    Nice find.
    What year are these bumper covers good for? Are they convertible specific? The lock was jimmied on the trunk and damaged around the busted lock.

Here are pictures of T-minus two and a half days from when I was last there. I had gone to grab the carb and intake. Gone but another member grabbed the AC, dash and other stuff. That's the FOX spirit (addiction)! http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-to-1980-Cobra

I have a spare t-top driver's door already and it looked like some stuff around the gear to the missing regulator is missing. You're right about the moldings and the passenger door. I should go back Pick and Pull here are $5 per foot for moldings now!

Name:  IMG_6001 (Medium).JPG
Views: 182
Size:  140.0 KBName:  IMG_5999 (Medium).JPG
Views: 183
Size:  150.4 KB

The bumper cover isn't convertible specific. It's good for 79-84 Mustang, 79-82 Capri, and all SVO.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    The bumper cover isn't convertible specific. It's good for 79-84 Mustang, 79-82 Capri, and all SVO.
    Thanks Travis, that means it will be good for a spare for all three of our current Foxes!

Love that steering wheel!
    1983 Mustang GLX convertible - "Collette"
    2002 Ford F-150 XLT
    2008 Acura TL
    2003 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Ford Taurus GL SW

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Thanks Travis, that means it will be good for a spare for all three of our current Foxes!
    And even the right color for one of them! Of course when you own three, that is bound to happen.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

I had this VIN in the database from its posting on row52 but did not have pics of the door tag or buck tag, nor did I know the options it had, so thank you for posting the pics.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

please if anyone is close to the car I need that metal fuel pump guard

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by tonysilver82 View Post
    please if anyone is close to the car I need that metal fuel pump guard
    I did grab it Tony and posted pics here. It has been slightly modified:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=1#post1668270

There are a couple of other 80's V8's in the yard. 82 LTD and an 85 Lincoln Mk VII I should check also.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SMcD View Post
    Love that steering wheel!
    Really? Academy Blue doesn't seem popular. Although it is a cruise wheel. Maybe if I'm in the area I'll bring a 15/16 and a puller

Really? Academy Blue doesn't seem popular. Although it is a cruise wheel. Maybe if I'm in the area I'll bring a 15/16 and a puller
    I will gladly pay you for your trouble my friend!
    1983 Mustang GLX convertible - "Collette"
    2002 Ford F-150 XLT
    2008 Acura TL
    2003 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Ford Taurus GL SW

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Nice find.
    Dang you Homer. I was back again to poke around today and after looking at the no rust on the bootom doors I had to. Next weekend is 50% off but I didn't want to chance it. If they are still there, I am going to grab the front quarters as they were very nice too! I can't believe they charge a $5 "CORE" charge on most body parts now!

Oh, and a 94 V6 showed up in the row accross, maybe I'll grab the spindles...omg stop it!

Name:  IMG_6085 (Medium).JPG
Views: 118
Size:  175.0 KB
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 08-23-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Oh, and a 94 V6 showed up in the row accross, maybe I'll grab the spindles...omg stop it! Name:  IMG_6085 (Medium).JPG
Views: 118
Size:  175.0 KB
    THAT might be a good idea. And maybe the rear diff....... disc to disc.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by conmech View Post
    THAT might be a good idea. And maybe the rear diff....... disc to disc.

OMG stop it! I need to work on what I have not get even more side tracked!

OMG stop it! I need to work on what I have not get even more side tracked!
    Hey, you are stashing parts for me. Might as well as let you store some for yourself, lol.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Are these 83 GLX 5.0 convertibles worth anything? I have an all original yellow convertible 60k original miles

That is sad. Looked like a nicely optioned vert, a/c,pw, pdl, cruise... Darran looks like you got a nice bumper too!

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 9D83 View Post
    That is sad. Looked like a nicely optioned vert, a/c,pw, pdl, cruise... Darran looks like you got a nice bumper too!
    Yes, the parts are all safely stored now. I've gotten a couple more rear covers since and passed them along as this spare is real nice. I'm glad that a bunch of the other parts were taken also to hopefully be reused sometime!

I have the console arm rest pad and steering wheel available: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...emy-Blue-Items

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Are these 83 GLX 5.0 convertibles worth anything? I have an all original yellow convertible 60k original miles
    Got pics?
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Yes, the parts are all safely stored now. I've gotten a couple more rear covers since and passed them along as this spare is real nice. I'm glad that a bunch of the other parts were taken also to hopefully be reused sometime!

I have the console arm rest pad and steering wheel available: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...emy-Blue-Items
    Lol! Didn't realise this was an old thread that got resurrected...