Close

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Default Aftermarket radios in the LTD/LTD LX

What brands/models work without a lot of fuss? Been thinking of swapping mine out as if I get more than 20 miles from the station it won't pull it in. Would like to have CD and possibly USB for hooking up MP3 player.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Any brand is easy to install if you get the adaptor harness.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Any brand is easy to install if you get the adaptor harness.
    Thanks, I looked on Amazon and saw some that according to their site would fit, but I'm wanting to make it look good, like a factory install.

Just noticed you're in Shakopee. My cousin used to live there, been up there a few times when I was younger.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

If you get lucky, on Crutchfield, you can find customer photos of the dash kits they carry. I bought from them for my Lincoln, and my Zeph and have been happy with them. Sometimes, even though aftermarket decks come with finishing trim, you still need a dash installation kit to make it look right. They're usually decently priced, around $15-20. Crutchfield also has people you can talk to too, if you need to. It's a good company. Oh, and my Kenwood deck can be configured to almost limitless colors for backlighting so you can match it to your other dash lights perfectly. Just some further thoughts that popped into my head.

Yeah, I moved here when I got married. My wife already had a house here. It's a cool little town, I like it! I've actually been to your town too! My parents get a condo in Panama City Beach every winter, and one year we drove along the coast to Mobile so we could see the USS Alabama.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual