Close

Default rear brake hose question

Greetings, all:

My 82 has the 8.8 inch axle on it and the last thing I need to do is replace the rear brake hose. It may have been replaced prior to my purchasing the car, not sure. It looks factory but still needs to go. Would a factory replacement for an 82 car work on this axle? Not sure about spacing between the two axle lines and the end of the hose but it would be great if they would match up. I just need it to work. It appears that the 82 lines were kept when the axle was swapped.

Thanks.

Does your current hose mount to the differential or the right axle tube at the vent?
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

It mounts to the right axle tube.

If you are planning on running dual exhaust to the back of the car, please re-rout your brake line to the center of the car so the exhaust will not be too close to the rubber line.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

I plan on keeping it stock for a while.

If it is mounted on the axle tube, someone has swapped the 82 brake lines over to your 8.8, so you still have an 82 hose.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup