Close

Blog Entries

Default How to Attach Images in Your Post

There are many ways to put a picture in a post. This is a How-To on how to use FEP's image attachments to upload images from your computer and place them exactly where you want to in your post.

First, look for the Insert Image icon. If you're posting a new thread, or have chosen the 'Go Advanced' reply option, it'll be here:

Name:  1newthread.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  50.2 KB

If you're posting a reply using the quick reply option at the bottom of a page, it'll be here:

Name:  2quickreply.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  23.6 KB

The Insert Image pop-up will appear. Make sure you select 'From Computer' so the pop-up will look like this:

Name:  3popup.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  29.1 KB

Then, click the button that says 'SELECT FILES.' At this point, you only want to select the images you want in that particular spot in the post. But, we'll get into repositioning the image(s) later. When you click 'SELECT FILES', another window will pop-up allowing you to browse to where you have your desired images stored on your computer. You'll see the file(s) listed in the pop-up, and the button choices at the bottom of the pop-up will change slightly as seen here:

Name:  4buttonchange.JPG
Size:  31.0 KB

When you're satisfied with the image(s) you have selected to be put into the post, click the middle button that says 'UPLOAD FILE(S).' You'll see the following notation in your post editing box that looks like this:

Name:  5attachnotation.JPG
Size:  44.8 KB

And that'll get you a thread/post that looks like this one!

If you decide you want to move stuff around, you can just select/copy/paste the ATTACH tags (with their brackets, of course) and the number between them and put that in the desired position. I just copy/pasted the first set of ATTACH tags and the attachment number here and it did this:

Name:  1newthread.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  50.2 KB

Ta-daaaaa!

This should help out a lot of members with inserting pictures. Thanks for the "How To" on what to do.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Blog Entries

No problem. Hopefully this will catch on. It's incredibly easy and I've been using it like crazy.

I don't see any of the editing tools in either FF or IE on any of my computers. Am I missing something or is there a config issue somewhere??
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

The "Message Editor Interface" in your profile is set to "Basic Editor - A simple text box".

Click here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Go to the bottom (look for Miscellaneous Options) and choose either "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" or "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls". You'll have to try each one and see which you like.

Below that editor interface options is the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" option. Your choices are to turn "Enhanced Attachment Uploading" ON or OFF.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-03-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Got it, thanx!! Now I need to figure out the issue preventing me from adding pics to my album (thread below)...
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Haven't been able to post pictures for a couple days. I can 'select file', but when I click 'upload', I get a 'clear list' message with a red exclamation by each file.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  109.2 KB

Worked for me, this is my daughter many years ago, who let me put her on that car?
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Yeah, I don't know what's up, I've posted plenty of pictures here in the past. Just the last couple days with this issue.

FEP Supporter

I have noticed for a while that I cannot upload multiple images at the same time as shown in the example above. I can only pick one, then upload, pick another, upload etc.

Name:  Capture upload.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  20.4 KB

Also when I go into manage attachments, I can never see the images to manage them. I was going to delete a bunch to save some space but can't when I can't see what they are.

Name:  Capture upload 2.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  90.0 KB

Any sage insights?

Trying to upload a photo for the first time ever here and I get this message after I have chosen a jpg file from my computer and click the UPLOAD FILE(S) box:

20230418_174202.jpg: Upload of file failed.

Process seems pretty simple, but not having success with it. Any idea on what's going on/what I'm doing wrong?
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

I'm running into the same issue that 85GTGuy did in April. Was able to upload a few pics when I first joined. Today I tried to do a new post with some new pics of the GT and I just kept getting the "Upload of file failed" message. Any ideas?
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_83_GT View Post
    I'm running into the same issue that 85GTGuy did in April. Was able to upload a few pics when I first joined. Today I tried to do a new post with some new pics of the GT and I just kept getting the "Upload of file failed" message. Any ideas?
    See if post #7 in the thread below is any help...

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...43#post1952043
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    See if post #7 in the thread below is any help...

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...43#post1952043
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust