Close

Default 83 Kick Panel Speakers?

Hey Everyone.

Does anyone know of someone that makes some kick panel speaker enclosures?

I built a 80 Z28 a while back and found a guy on ebay that made some custom fiber glass ones for those cars but cant seem to find anyone that does them for Fox Bodies.

thanks !!!

If I'm not mistaken the 87-93 Panels will fit in the earlier cars with some minor changes, if so Q-forms makes a set for the aero Mustangs.

Here is a link to the Q-Logic kick panel speakers:

http://www.qlogicdirect.com/index.ph...1765564fbdee39
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

I made my own for my last car. I'll probably make some for the Capri someday when I upgrade the stereo. It wasn't hard to do. Just made some teardrop plates and used some metal strapping to hold them to the kick panels. Then glassed it all together and used textured bedliner paint and topcoated it with SEM interior paint.

86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

I'm pretty sure it's the Q-Logic panels that I have in my car.
    Mine came with the grills.

They extend up the side of the dash just like the originals.

They are not this bright, but I needed the flash.
    With the speakers (tweeters and woofers and the cross overs hidden in the glove compartment, they sound great.
    Rob

Quicksilver, does the one on the drivers side ever get in the way? Is your car a 5-speed? If not, do you think it (the speaker enclosure) do you think it would bother you when operating the clutch?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Quicksilver, does the one on the drivers side ever get in the way? Is your car a 5-speed? If not, do you think it (the speaker enclosure) do you think it would bother you when operating the clutch?
    My car is an automatic car. But even so, the speaker enclosure does limit the amount of room for your left foot. But, I used to have the SVO dead pedal there so I don't notice that much difference. If I had a 5-speed, I don't know if I would have put them in. I may have considered speakers in the doors. I think that with a clutch, it might get in the way. If you want, I can measure how far they stick out from the screw on the door sill plate and you may get an idea if they will work for you...personal preference.

I can say that on a long highway drive, I have no issues with them and the sound is great.

I friend of mine has a '90 LX with a 5 speed and has the speaker enclosures and he loves them. I have not driven his car since they were installed so it is tuff for me to comment.
    Rob

I had a set that I made in a 5 speed car and I ended up kicking in the speaker grille more than once. Those were 6 1/2" components, a 5 1/4" set might give a bit more room.
    Currently Foxless