Close

Default eliminating all emissions equipment. need help.

So first question. I was told I could just run a shorter belt and take out the smog pump. Does anyone know what length belt to use. (No ac)

Second question. What do you do about the things attatched to the back of the passenger side strut tower? I think I read an article once about having to do something with them, or can you just plug off the vacuum lines?

My intension is to take out the smog pump and plug the lines. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't know what size belt to run without the pump, but I know it's posted around here somewhere. Lots of threads on it if you do a search.
    I replaced my pump with an eliminator pulley to keep the belt geometry correct.
    I've read where there's too much strain on the alt pulley without it, especially if you run too short a belt.
    I've also heard the opposite, so...

As far as the tab and tad solenoids go, (the things behind the passenger strut tower) just unplug them and remove them, and make sure to plug off the vacuum lines.

I'm sure you're aware that you have to remove the tubing that runs to the back of the heads and plug the holes there, and at the exhaust.
    Dan

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ng-GT-restomod

1986 Mustang GT Cobra
    Lotsa stuff, lotsa work. Check my thread above.

Daily drivers
    2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke crew 4X4
    2012 F-150 Ecoboost Screw FX4

We've eliminated the smog on my dads option delete 87 Lx - we also had to slightly re-clock the tensioner to make things work correctly. I think he's got the belt part # laying around somewhere I'll see if I can find it...otherwise trial and error is how we figured out what we needed...

Yes plug the vacuum lines and don't forget the heads...you'll need to plug the holes...
    http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...gs-for-50L-58L

Try ko60775

Isnt that the belt size for a 3.8 l V6
    1976 II coupe, 1982 GT, 1986 LX