Close

Question Can anyone identify what these connectors are for?

Unfortunately it was too late for me to take some pics, but I'm going through my wiring harness on my 85 hatchback, and along the driver's side by the rear wheel well, there's a round grey connector with 3 (I think) terminals. The wire colors are red with green stripe (brake lights I think), green with a yellow stripe and I think black. It was getting late so the flashlight might have messed with the colors. I'm asking because this connector was disconnected but I still seem to have brake lights (when the battery was hooked up). I looked at the other end of the harness, which is at the driver's kickpanel and the red/green stripe has continuity with a wire in the green connector (again I think brake lights), and I found a single grey, flat, 2 pin connector with only one cavity filled with the green and yellow stripe wire. It was also disconnected and I can't find it's mating connector.

Any help would be appreciated,

Howard

I might be able to help when it comes to the round w/ three terminals, I know precisely what you're talking about, I had the exact issue with mine last night (except notch) assuming its the same setup, it is the wires for the license plate lights, I just cut off the connector and wired 2 of the wires from connector, and 2 from the park lights(taillights) together and electrical taped (heat shrink would be a better choice though) them up. BUT before you do cover them try to see what is what, because after i had mine setup i discovered a feature i never knew my car had for the 3 years i've owned it.... electric trunk pop, I found out when i hit the brakes and the trunk flew up lol. Hope this is helpful somewhat..

LOL, pretty funny about the trunk popping up with the brake pedal. Actually, I don't think those are the same as mine. I took some pics because I thought these connectors connected together but they don't. I'm not sure what they're for. The small single one (double terminal) is at the driver's kick panel and the two 3-pin connectors are next to the driver's wheel well.
    Attached Images Attached Images