1965 Coupe
    1966 Convertible
    1983 GT w/T-Top
    1984 & 85 Convertible
    1988 GT w/T-Top
    1988, 89 & 91 LX Coupe
    2001 GT
    1981 T-Top Coupe (Current & Last!)

I guess since we own 4 Fords and a Mercury, you could say that we tend to be somewhat loyal to one brand!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

My grandpa never bought anything else and my mom and myself have continued that trend.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Woo hoo!! That's awesome! Reposted on facebook to gloat. I've only owned one car that wasn't a Ford (my second). I'm true blue and always will be. We don't even consider other brands.

I'm surprised Nissan does so well on this list. It seems like the company changes direction every other year and at least to me, the last several styling themes they've used have been UGLY. Especially the Titan.

I don't see Buick on that list, not surprising as they don't seem to want repeat buyers. I'm referring to this:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-GM-ever-learn
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

How many members on this board have bought a NEW 2014 CAR or TRUCK?

Probably damn few if any at all.

Let's face facts that most everyone here is a USED CAR BUYER for their fun car and daily transportation car or truck.

As hard as you many find it to believe that GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the other manufacturer's DO NOT produce & target their marketing and design programs to used car buyers such as us.

You're right if you think the manufacturer's market programs are poorly thought out and produced as the manufacturer's really do not consider what "we" may think since most all of us are NOT their target buying market for their product!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 07-22-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Who buys new? I refuse to take that hit in depreciation, especially knowing the new stuff will not hold up as well as what I already have. It's all gotten too complicated.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

originally posted by vintageracer

Let's face facts that most everyone here is a USED CAR BUYER for their fun car and daily transportation car or truck.
    I resemble that remark. The only new cars I have ever bought were 81 and 86 Mustangs.

And one reason I bought the 86, the 81 was totaled, I still have the 86
    Last edited by Ray Dog; 07-22-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    Who buys new? I refuse to take that hit in depreciation, especially knowing the new stuff will not hold up as well as what I already have. It's all gotten too complicated.
    Ooo! ... Me! ... Me! (raises hand). My Zeph is the perfect era for a car I can work on (mostly brought up to '90s spec). As for daily transportation, I'll take a new leased vehicle under warranty I don't have to worry about working on or paying for expensive replacement parts and computerized diagnosis. My Aviator is an anomaly compared to our recent pattern (we bought it used), and if I don't figure out this vibration issue soon, its days are numbered, believe me. I'm busy enough in my daily life to spend time working on my daily drivers and possibly risk being down a vehicle for an extended period. New vehicles give me peace of mind.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

I can understand that (guess I'm just too broke to do anything different though!) but take my wife's Taurus for example. It was a year old, it had 5,500 miles on it and it was 7k cheaper than any Taurus on the lot and had a full factory warranty. I asked the salesman what was wrong with it and he said it's a year old. Anyone ever look at a 2001 versus a 2002 Taurus? Yeah they look the same. My wife wasn't sold on the color but I told her she needed a dependable car and she'd get use to it for that savings. I get aggravated having to fix it, until I pay the monthly bills.

I bought a 2001 F150 w/5.4 from my former employer it had 54,000 miles. Sold it last year and bought a 2007 F150 w/4.6 from the same guy. He drives a truck for about 2 years then sells them. The only new vehicle I bought new was in 2009 when I bought a E350 work van for my Low Voltage Cabling business, it was done more for tax reasons than anything else. Now I have to admit that my wife drives a Toyota Highlander. My father in law has been a master Toyota tech for 40 years so it only made since for his kids to drive Toyota. I figured if I bought her that he'd maintain it for me, it's worked out well for me, plus my wife brother is a master Ford tech so I've got both sides covered!
    richard3rd

1965 Coupe
    1966 Convertible
    1983 GT w/T-Top
    1984 & 85 Convertible
    1988 GT w/T-Top
    1988, 89 & 91 LX Coupe
    2001 GT
    1981 T-Top Coupe (Current & Last!)

ford all the way

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by richard3rd View Post
    I bought a 2001 F150 w/5.4 from my former employer it had 54,000 miles. Sold it last year and bought a 2007 F150 w/4.6 from the same guy. He drives a truck for about 2 years then sells them. The only new vehicle I bought new was in 2009 when I bought a E350 work van for my Low Voltage Cabling business, it was done more for tax reasons than anything else. Now I have to admit that my wife drives a Toyota Highlander. My father in law has been a master Toyota tech for 40 years so it only made since for his kids to drive Toyota. I figured if I bought her that he'd maintain it for me, it's worked out well for me, plus my wife brother is a master Ford tech so I've got both sides covered!
    I had an 06 Toyota Highlander for a company vehicle once. Had electrical problems that never went away despite multiple dealer attempts. The funniest one was that the headlights would flash at night in sequence with the turn signals. I was so glad when it was time to let it go. Hated that thing.

I worked for a company that made OEM parts for the big three, but primarily Ford.
    So the idea of buying a foreign made car was like slitting my own throat.
    It made buying Mustangs easier because they had our parts in them.
    I've only owned three foreign cars, one I took in on trade for my Econoline pickup.
    The only one I liked was the Saab I picked up for $300 needing a transmission.
    Ray
    2A

I bought a new car a long time ago.... a 1979 Mustang. And many more since then.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

FEP Power Member black1980fiveoh's Avatar

I love my mustang but honestly, my driveway resembles a Chrylser/Dodge lot, ford didn't have mini van (soon dodge won't either so I hear) and the diesel trucks really didn't measure up a few years ago.
    1980 Cobra http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2364382
    11.82@115 mph - 2015 - retired due to cancer
    1981 Cobra
    reborn with a lot of new go fast parts and time to make it look pretty
    11.80 @114 mph - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    How many members on this board have bought a NEW 2014 CAR or TRUCK?

Probably damn few if any at all.
    Count me in.

2014 Fusion Ti (new 4/14)
    2012 Mustang (new 8/12)
    1986 Saleen
    1996 Ranger

Yes, I bleed Ford Blue. I've owned over 50 vehicles, and I'd bet 80-90% have been Fords. Got it from my grandfather, who never bought any other brand.
    Last edited by 1986Saleen; 07-23-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

I have bought two vehicles in the past 30 years that were not Fords...both Jeep winter beaters. and I felt actual guilt both times. I currently own 9 fords of various shapes and sizes. I will NEVER buy a different brand, new or used. And don't get me started on foreign cars...

Personally, I've only ever bought one new Ford product......my 93 LX Mustang (which most on here know it's still basically new) but if our finances were there to buy brand new, it'd be a Ford and ONLY a Ford. Ironically, my girlfriends 2001 PT Cruiser was totaled back in April and we just finally got the insurance claim settled.....and now we own a 2010 F150 STX. Of all the other cars I've owned, and considering my Dad worked for and retired from Chrysler corporation (pre Diamler ownership) they've always been Fords-with the exception of a shortterm ownership of an 88 Dakota (got a good deal from Dad when he wanted a new car) which was totaled when I got rear-ended.

I know some people who swear that their (fill in the blank here with whatever brand-x make) is the best thing ever and all others are crap, but I've seen many many brand-loyal people get pissed at their favorite manufacturer and switch to something else.....many times a Ford, which warms my heart!!

As said, my Dad retired from Chrysler, and I too worked there for nearly 5 years, and in the whole fleet of family vehicles, my sister is the only one who owns something other than a Ford, and thats a town & Country mini-van because it fit her needs perfectly and she got an employee purchase price on it which saved her thousands over anything else she was interested in.

Our current list of vehicles include-here at our home:
    2010 F150 STX
    2001 Mercury Grand Marquis
    1995 F350 Dually
    1993 Mustang LX 5.0
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0
    1984 Mercury Capri RS t-top
    1979 F100 longbed
    1978 Bronco Custom
    1955 Ford Customline sedan- full 5.0 Mustang drivetrain

Then at Mom & Dad's-
    2008 F150 Lariat 4-ddor
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis
    1955 Crown Victoria
    1940 Ford DeLuxe Coupe street-rod (90% all Ford too)

So you could say we're a Ford loyal family!!!!
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by black1980fiveoh View Post
    I love my mustang but honestly, my driveway resembles a Chrylser/Dodge lot, ford didn't have mini van (soon dodge won't either so I hear) and the diesel trucks really didn't measure up a few years ago.
    Ford made a mini vans called the Areostar and the Windstar before they phased them out.

Quote Originally Posted by 84GT350CONV View Post
    Ford made a mini vans called the Areostar and the Windstar before they phased them out.
    Transit Connect Wagon, yo. When my Aviator's time is up, that's what we're getting. They're sweet!

http://www.ford.com/trucks/transitco...=header-trucks
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

double post....

Confessions of a die hard Ford lover.

I can count on one hand the number of non Fords I have owned, but I would need both hands and feet
    to count the Fords/ Mercurys , and Lincoln I have owned.

But this is the top reason.
    I live in a town where you will see Ferraris on main street,a Lamborghini at the local diner,
    and Audi R8s in the grocery store parking lot.
    But this is what would make me slam on the brakes of the silver land whale and babel incoherently.

Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 9
Size:  71.3 KB

A mid 2000 Ford GT40.
    Ray
    2A

Quote Originally Posted by 84GT350CONV View Post
    The latter just about caused me to swear off ever buying another Ford product again. Owned two
    Windstars (I was a slow learner) that we bought new, and both were huge disappointments. I still
    won't consider owning any FWD Ford again, but knock wood, the Marauder (which we bought used)
    has been reliable as an anvil, going on 160K miles.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Every vehicle I have ever owned has been in the Ford family. One was a Mercury Mystique. Another is a Mazda B-series truck, which is essentially a Ranger. The rest have been Fords.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    The latter just about caused me to swear off ever buying another Ford product again. Owned two
    Windstars (I was a slow learner) that we bought new, and both were huge disappointments. I still
    won't consider owning any FWD Ford again, but knock wood, the Marauder (which we bought used)
    has been reliable as an anvil, going on 160K miles.
    When my wife's Taurus was under warranty getting repair work, we had a Windstar loaner for a while. My wife loved it and I told her no way no how were we ever owning one. Almost hate that I bought that Taurus though, never had a transmission failure with just 120k on the car and no signs of trouble. We had it rebuilt and I'm still scared of that car eating another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast