Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help Airtex E2146S

I am putting in a F-2c tank in my boxtop, found and ordered the tank no problem. But for the life of me I cant find
    the sending unit Airtex E2146S, I have checked rockauto and all the parts stores, no one can get me one. Does anyone know where I can find one?
    thanks

Uh oh, I bought the LTD/Marquis fuel pump assembly the same time I bought the fuel tank from Rock Auto last year. I searched Airtex's catalogue and no fuel pump assembly (not even the sedan version) shows up.

You may have to find one from the wrecking yard and use a Camaro fuel pump.

Sorry to hear about this. I had one more non-Mustang Fox Ford I wanted to convert to SEFI...
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

You could try here, kinda spendy though:

http://www.finditparts.com/t/4183/ma.../airtex-e2146s
    80 Fairmont Futura 2.3 4spd (soon to be 2.3T 5spd)
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd
    89 Mustang 2.3T 5spd (WRL Racer)

www.RaceWRL.com

Have you shopped all the chains web sites? If you're just asking in the stores, they probably won't know.

Advance Auto Parts online claims "This product is only available for ship to home", as does Autozone
    online, so... maybe.

The Ford service part number is E4DZ-9H307-B.

The E2145S is physically the same unit, but it's listed for cars with digital dash, so I'm presuming
    the resistance values will be wrong for the analog gauges. I don't know if Airtex uses the same
    style resistance strip as factory, but if they do, you could swap in a resistance strip from the '83-
    '86 CFI/SEFI sender from FMR.

Otherwise, used may be your only option, which may not be all bad since you would have to swap
    out the low-pressure pump anyway. Even if the resistance strip is bad on the used one, you're still
    probably bucks ahead.

The '86- senders are 78Ω empty, 10Ω full, while the '87+ senders are 22Ω empty, and 145Ω full.
    When looking at factory senders, it's pretty easy to tell which resistance range they are, and whether
    they're clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation, by looking at which end the wire connects to, along
    with which way the arm moves the wiper from empty to full. You just have to visualize the wiper
    inside the resistor housing.

If the wiper moves toward the wire at empty, it's the later '87+ resistance range. If the wiper moves
    away from the wire at empty, it's the '86- range. Once you know that bit, the next question is whether
    the wiper moves clockwise to full or counter-clockwise, while looking at it from the housing side. The
    Mustang senders are clockwise. The LTD wagon sender is also clockwise. (LTD sedan sender is CCW.)
    Last edited by JACook; 07-26-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Can't find any in the US by any vender... running into the same issue.

Well I guess I will join in also.. I can't find one anywhere either

Look up a couple posts. The Airtex E2145S is gone, unless you can find one squirreled away somewhere.
    But that doesn't mean you're completely out of options.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

I finally found a fuel pump assembly new! for non digital dash, Its a Carter part # P74556S.
    figured I would pass along the info. And I had a hard time finding it! so good luck to the ones looking!
    Last edited by Farmerssn95; 10-11-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Delete
    Last edited by 63futura289; 10-11-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    86 LTD Wagon 7.87@87.13 with tailwind lol

Can you verify that it's exactly the same as the Airtex E2146S? Can you post some pics of it?
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd

www.RaceWRL.com

I have done modified if for -an fittings and a bigger pump.

How much was it and where did You find it? Thanks

I tried ordering that Carter pump from two different sources. I forgot the first but the second was the Monkey Wrench after first refunded my money. Monkey Wrench also just refunded my money as they too say that number has been discontinued.
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd

www.RaceWRL.com

No not secretive, just have not checked back in, I found it at local auto part store (only one they had) Sun Auto Parts in Somerset Ky
    I think it was around $160.00 from them.

NAPA Canada carries Airtex made pumps under their branding, but use Airtex part numbers.

I don't know what vehicle yours is for, but I just checked a 1985 Ford LTD V6 and they do have some Airtex pumps with or without digital gauges. Check it out, who knows.

http://www.napacanada.com/en/auto-pa...cessories.aspx
    1979 Ford Fairmont 4-Eyed Squire (Mexican-Built) 3.3 I6 (200 CID) 4-Speed SROD Trans, Tri-Power

It looks like the digital dash version is available. I am thinking about buying e2145s and converting the sending unit to analog and buying the spectra f2c for my daddywagon. Basically putting it out there that it looks like you can get e2145s.

I saw this on Gearz the other day.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-130

Kinda pricey, but you can use it with your F2A and save the expense of buying a tank. Just cut the hole and stick it in. No welding. This LTD sending unit dilemma was the first thing I thought of when I was watching the segment on it. Pretty sweet. Aeromotive has something similar too.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thread revival. I ordered an airtex e2146s on ebay. Not sure it will actually come. It says ships direct from manufacturer. They no longer make this right?

Quote Originally Posted by nelzfoxes View Post
    I ordered an airtex e2146s on ebay.
    Are you sure that's what you ordered? None shown currently, none shown as being sold in the last month. Lots of other units shown when "airtex e2146s" entered.

Mike

I ordered it under the sponsored link at the bottom. Autoplicity is the supplier.

I should mention that I was on amazon looking for it and it said not available. All of a sudden one came up for sale new from Portessy auto parts I believe. I started the order process but then got worried because I couldn't use paypal. So I went to ebay and found that link. Afterwards I checked and the one on amazon was gone. Back to unavailable. Maybe I got the last new one in existence, or maybe I have to file a claim with paypal.

Ah, NOT ebay. Good luck!

Mike

You're right. I guess because it was at the bottom of ebay page I assumed. Oh well. I sure hope I get one, otherwise I have to repair the original.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast