Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default buck tag decoder

http://www.foureyedpride.com/content.php?281

Wrote one in hmtl and php. It's not all that pretty looking but it functions. What you see me do with buck tag decoding in this forum is what you'll get out of this decoder. If any coding experts want to make it look better that what I could ever attempt to do, I'm all for it.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 05-23-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

BTW, this currently works all 1979-86 Capris and Mustangs
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 05-23-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

thats sweet fox!!! we all appreciate what you do!! cant wait to try it out, guess I need another car.. lol!!!!!

Gonna open it up to for testing for anybody that wants to try it. No need to ask for a link via PM.

Please give me your feedback...positive or negative.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-08-2016 at 08:23 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Just did it on my coupe, works great like the whole thing!!!!

Working on making it work for all years and both assembly plants.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Got 1979 and 1980 Dearborn working. Have to put 1979-81 San Jose buck tags in the database, so I can see patterns, etc., and then I can make the decoder work for them.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Looking forward to the 1979-81 San Jose updates. I'll try to help with testing as best as I can. Thanks for doing this, Mick.

Edit:
    The criticism I have is found after clicking on the "Decode" button. Once a "Decode" action is completed, there is no button/action that will return the user to beginning to enter another buck tag's info. From what I've been able to do with it, I think it's working great. As the information database is updated with more data, the decoded tag will contain more complete information.
    Last edited by IDMooseMan; 07-29-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

I will see about adding a "back" button. Thanks for the suggestion.

San Jose is going to be a while. I have very few tags, about 20 total over three years, and I have been able to decipher less that half of the codes on those tags.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

When we get back in town, I'll double my efforts to find my buck tag for you. I have some other buck tags from a previous JY outing that I haven't posted yet. Sorry about that. I guess San Jose was not a popular plant, huh?

Regarding the "Back" button...I was thinking more along the lines of a "New Search" or "Home" button so the previous tag's information is cleared from all fields. The "Back" function may or may not clear data from the fields.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    Build Thread

Yeah...San Jose was much lower production that Dearborn. San Jose also did Fox Capri/Mustang production only from 1979 through mid/late 1981. So you can imagine that buck tags are harder to come by.

For the decoder, each model year has its own decoder page. So going back and clearing the fields would work for you if you wanted to decode a tag from the same year but not if it's from a different model year.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I guess my little Ghia keeps getting more unique everyday. These tools you keep coming up with contain a wealth of information. I appreciate your efforts, Mick.
    Build Thread

It now works for 1981 San Jose cars. Shouldn't take much to get it working for 1979 and 1980 San Jose cars. I will warn you though, I still still do not know what a lot of the codes on the San Jose tags mean, and the results from the decoder reflects this limited knowledge.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Thanks fox!!!! I think and hope I speak for everyone that we truly appreciate the work and knowledge you have offered with the decoding of these cars.....

Here, here! I echo Fidel's words. Thank you, Mick.
    Build Thread

Thanks! If anyone has suggestion on how new things to decode, or a different way to do what's already being done, etc. pipe up!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Thanks! If anyone has suggestion on how new things to decode, or a different way to do what's already being done, etc. pipe up!
    I agree, I think we should all do our part in helping mick and everyone with as much research as possible, ORDER MARTI REPORTS and obtain as much info off our cars as we can!!! it will help take our hobby and collector vaules to the next level.

and by the way, if you happen to use mick's (foxchassis) awesome vin and buck tag decoder post up the results for everyone to see, or make sure that info gets to foxchassis!!
    Last edited by STANGMAN116; 01-27-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Here is a peek into what I have collected so far from 1979-86 Capris and Mustangs:

~5200 VINs
    ~1250 door tags
    ~1150 buck tags
    ~200 build sheets
    ~125 owner cards
    ~125 window stickers
    ~25 axle tags
    ~10 transmission tags
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 01-28-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Do you have a record of how many marti reports of the 5200 vins? ( I know some are dead and may never have a report them)

I have seen reports for about 5% of those VINs.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Wow....

Some minor changes made...

First change was fixing the tab order on the buck tag code input page. The tab key will now not go to to the DECODE button until the end.

Second change was requiring Javascript to be enabled in your browser. This was done for three reasons:

1. making sure all of the required fields are filled in/selected
    2. allowing only numbers to be entered in certain fields
    3. (future) being able to validate the form.

The decoder will check if Javascript is enabled in your browser, and will display an error messaged if it is not enabled.

Third change was, as requested by Craig, a 'Decode another buck tag' button added to the top of the decoded buck tag page.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-03-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I helped. I helped.
    Build Thread

It is looking more likely that I will scrap client-side javascript validation and go with server-side PHP validation.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

CAPRI = Capri model line
    606323 = 6,323rd 1986 Mercury scheduled for production at Dearborn Assembly
    61D = Capri 3-dr hatchback
    M = SEFI H.O. 5.0L V8 engine
    TR = T-roof
    0595 = body & paint rotations #0595
    1E = Silver Metallic exterior paint color
    TT = Dark Charcoal lower tu-tone
    DF
    ST
    AC = manual air conditioner
    HB = heated backlite (rear defrost)
    CRS = Capri RS model/trim level
    PW = power side windows
    MBW = manual Borg Warner transmission (5-speed T-5)
    02 = type of hood/scoop (unknown)
    A = Charcoal/Grey interior trim color
    EI = electronic injection (EFI)
    X
    NLR This is what found out about my 86 Capri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast